How would you rate the beta of windows vista  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the beta of windows vista

• 1 out of 5
    • 2 out of 5
    • 3 out of 5
    • 4 out of 5
    • 5 out of 5

I downloaded the windows vista beta 1 and i have to say nice job microsoft. The setup is so easy a blind monkey could do it. once you get into windows, it takes some getting use to all the new UI, espically the transparency effect. But once you get use to it, you'll really like it alot. As far as speed goes, if you have a decent processor this thing is fucken fast. i tested it on my back up 1GHz P3 when i first downloaded it, and it was usable but not fast like it should be. Also you need a modertly fast GPU to render the amazing graphics, and effects that microsoft put in there.

No wonder it took 5 years of develpoment to get this product out.

nice job microsoft.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

down loaded the 32bit what do I do now the file is unrecognizable

You will have to burn it to a dvd-r or mount it with alcohol 120%. Burning it would be the better choice being that you will need to install it from scratch. I don't have a dvd burner myself, so I'll have to figure out how to turn the dvd version into a multiple cd-r version.

When is the release of this... is this Longhorn just re-branded??

It's not scheduled until the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2006 (I think I got that right :)). Originally, it wasn't scheduled until 2007, but MS removed alot of stuff that will be included in a service pack or something. Yep, it's the OS formerly know as Longhorn. Kinda like the Artist formerly known as Prince.  :haha:

You will have to burn it to a dvd-r or mount it with alcohol 120%. Burning it would be the better choice being that you will need to install it from scratch. I don't have a dvd burner myself, so I'll have to figure out how to turn the dvd version into a multiple cd-r version.

It's not scheduled until the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2006 (I think I got that right :)). Originally, it wasn't scheduled until 2007, but MS removed alot of stuff that will be included in a service pack or something. Yep, it's the OS formerly know as Longhorn. Kinda like the Artist formerly known as Prince. :haha:

hehe, right on :)

Guest helloimtim

You need a program. I use bit tornado. Its by far the best in my oppinion I have tried them all. You will need a folder to save the downloads to. Just put one on your desktop and when it asks where to put the folder browse to the one you made on your desktop.

You need a program. I use bit tornado. Its by far the best in my oppinion I have tried them all. You will need a folder to save the downloads to. Just put one on your desktop and when it asks where to put the folder browse to the one you made on your desktop.

OK.  Will give it a try.  Thanks!

Alright, I've finished my personal business for the day. It's time to format and install the 64Bit version.

I'll report back as soon as possible. :) Vista and I are about to get up close and personal! :haha:

This will be an all nighter!!

:3some:  just dont get to dirty  :booty:

:haha:

The download was going was slower than death....  Good try though!  :)  Also, it opened mucho ports on my machine and it wasn't worth the risk for an 83 hour exposure.  Thanks for the try!

for me too. was going slooow between 0% to 10% also said estimate finish is 255 hours  :cry:

once around 11% to now it's going pretty fast estimate finish is 5 hours  :D