How would you rate the beta of windows vista  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the beta of windows vista

• 1 out of 5
    • 2 out of 5
    • 3 out of 5
    • 4 out of 5
    • 5 out of 5

wait after you get it could you just mount the iso imige and set your comp to boot to the new drive

Yeah, I guess I could do that with the 32Bit version, but the 64Bit version will only allow me to view the data on the disc. It won't autorun or execute anything because of the 64Bit code. :(

When I try to start the autorun, I get this:

EDIT: Wonder if I can start it if I boot into XP 64Bit Pro. I don't think any virtual drives will work there though. Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools are not ready yet.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

organ are you a windows fan ?

and are u using a IE7 beta already?

I am definitely a fan of all MS's products. I'm not using IE7 yet because I don't have SP2 installed. My torrents suffer too much with it.

I'm currently trying to use the whole thing...Vista w/IE7. Just need the dvd burner. :)

One ISO is 2.41GB and the other is 1.73GB. I can't find anyone that has converted the dvd version/size into multiple ISOs yet. If so, I could do a fresh install from boot and insert the appropriate disc when needed. Is there an option somewhere in Nero that will seperate it for me?

I don't know what files should go where or I'd create multiple ISOs myself. :)

Windows Vista Beta is out the door..... I had it for one day and it looks great,  i will get it as soon as the original version comes out next year'  but for now i rather have a normal OS. If anyone is going to install it  be sure to back up ur drive with GHOST 2003 as i did and restore your computer if you need to go back to XP.

Guest Hyperspace

I aborted the download...I'm going to wait for the finished product. I just have a bad feeling about this. I'm not in the mood to FUBAR my setup.

If you are not into beta testing products that you are to expect to have flaws/bugs, then waiting is the best thing to do. This release is not designed to be an everyday system or perform your most important work load. It's supposed to be tested, commented on, and suggestions are to be made.

Vista is one of the most innovative products of this decade. Don't ya just love it?

If you are not into beta testing products that you are to expect to have flaws/bugs, then waiting is the best thing to do. This release is not designed to be an everyday system or perform your most important work load. It's supposed to be tested, commented on, and suggestions are to be made.

Vista is one of the most innovative products of this decade. Don't ya just love it?