Firefox market share: new worldwide numbers

netmasta

Firefox market share: new worldwide numbers

Posted by Tristan Nitot (nitot) on Thu, 07/28/2005 - 09:04 :: Spreading Firefox

French company Xiti Monitor has just released more numbers on Firefox Market share with details on countries not mentionned in previous studies. First things first: on that day, Firefox has 14.83% market share in Europe (taking the respective sizes of the countries into account) and 11.78% market share in North America

equipement10_2.gif

Picture courtesy of Xiti Monitor

As usual with Xiti studies, these numbers represent a snapshot of the Internet audience on a specific date: Sunday July 17th, 2005. Xiti mentions that numbers during the week are slightly lower, as enterprises tend not to adopt newer technologies like Firefox as quickly as consumers.

Congratulations go to users in Finland, with 31.03% market share (probably a world record), followed by Germany, Czech Republic, Croatia and Poland, with more than 20% of Firefox users in each.

equipement10.gif

Picture courtesy of Xiti Monitor

Guest helloimtim

No this is not a firefox slam. Even though there new version bites. How do they know all these downloads are being used? I am sure there are tons of downloads that people get rid of. Or just keep on there system to play with. I am still willing to bet a majority still use ie.

According to the story, this group measures usage on any one specific date. As for IE still dominating, remember it's the default browser in most new computers and some people either don't know how to change browsers, or they just don't care. Also, FF hasn't even been out for a full year yet. As I said above, just give it some time and see.

What and we are to expect that FF will come as default browser on a microsoft machine :shock: doubtfull

I like FF it seems to load pages faster and I like the tab thingy, but there are still things it cant do that IE has no problems with. I probably have to change some setting but who likes changing things around so you can browse the internet Fire fox is just not that much better. :-|

For now it does. But just wait and see. :evil6:

I'm sure in '06 when Vista hit the market IE will take control again.  I assume by then MS will be bundleing an all new IE... and I'm sure the new version will address many if not all the issues with the current version.

What and we are to expect that FF will come as default browser on a microsoft machine :shock: doubtfull

I like FF it seems to load pages faster and I like the tab thingy, but there are still things it cant do that IE has no problems with. I probably have to change some setting but who likes changing things around so you can browse the internet Fire fox is just not that much better. :-|

I doubt it too. But If I was a computer manufacture, I would make FF the default on all of my machines.  The first page they would see, would show off the cool features of FF.