Looking for a laptop. Any Suggestions?

mummer43

I'm looking to buy a laptop and I really don't know a whole lot about them.  I am leaning toward the Dell Inspiron 6000, but I'm really not sure.  Can anyone recommend a good site where I can talk to people about laptops and get some recommendations?

Does anyone here use a laptop?  I've heard horror stories about Dell's customer support.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

mummer43 depends what you want to do with the laptop, do you want to game, or do you want to run office type apps. And also what is the range that you want to spend.

I'm not a gamer.  I'll be using it for school and around the house with a wireless setup.  I will be dooing word processing, internet and maybe playing DVD's or music.  I'd be willing to spend about $1500.

Well, if you're not a gamer, then the Dell i6000 is a great choice.  You could get a really nice one for very cheap with the dell coupon codes (PM me if u need more info)

Also, how important is battery life?  If you want 6+ hours...then I would have to say go with an IBM laptop (awesome laptops...their cases just look like $hit)

p.s. i have a Dell Inspiron 9300 and got it for about $1500 including tax (specs in sig)

oh how great those dell coupon codes are :)

Well, if you're not a gamer, then the Dell i6000 is a great choice.  You could get a really nice one for very cheap with the dell coupon codes (PM me if u need more info)

Also, how important is battery life?  If you want 6+ hours...then I would have to say go with an IBM laptop (awesome laptops...their cases just look like $hit)

p.s. i have a Dell Inspiron 9300 and got it for about $1500 including tax (specs in sig)

oh how great those dell coupon codes are :)

Thanks for the reply.  Battery life is semi-important, but not a deal breaker.  I'd probably upgrade the battery.  I saw they Dell offers a $750 off coupon.  I could get a top of the line Inspiron 6000 for like $1200.  Not too bad!

How are Gateway laptops?

LoL I'm a laptop obessive myself i have 2 Dell Inspiron 1100's 1 Dell Inspiron 1150 1 Dell Inspiron 2650 1 Dell Inspiron 700m which i just got this year 1 gateway M320, and an Old IBM Think Pad 380 XD i believe. Am i a nut? Probably  :shock:  :shock: I'd have to say though out of all of them i've had a more enjoyable experience with the Dell Inspiron 700m.