How do I know what kind of RAM I need?

mummer43

an easy way to do this is get everest home edition and install it...it's free and it tells you basically what ever you need to know about your computer.....or this doesn't help much but go to www.crucial.com and they have a scanner that you download and it tells you what memory you should get...i would first go with everest...it's a great free program

hope that helped  :D

an easy way to do this is get everest home edition and install it...it's free and it tells you basically what ever you need to know about your computer.....or this doesn't help much but go to www.crucial.com and they have a scanner that you download and it tells you what memory you should get...i would first go with everest...it's a great free program

hope that helped

it should give you the type of ram you need but what do you mean by brand..you mean what company that makes the ram?  if so i got some from different brands than my original stick of ram because it was cheaper...and it works fine because i also bought a 512 because i only had 128

There are many free programs which can help you check your RAM, CPU and other stuff in your pc. One free program which tends to be for the more advanced pc users is RMMA. Another one is CPUZ. CPUZ includes the basic info from RMMA, but is easier for the newer and more inexperienced PC users. After running CPUZ, click on the SPD tab and it will tell you your memory size, type and maybe maunfacturer.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way I can change the fan on my processor?  It's acting up.

I have found if you clean the heatsink and fan off with some compressed air.. it takes care of some of the odd noises and some times the stalls.  If your heatsink is packed with dusk then you might want to consider cleaning out your entire case.. If your fan is stalling then i would recommend getting a new fan asap..

A note about the compressed air... as much fun as it may be to spin the fan REALLY fast with it, it will destroy the fan in seconds... I've done it before :evil6:

that will take the fun out of that game really quick..  I have never done that.. then again.. i take the heatsink off completely before i shoot anything.. <- dont do this unless you know what you are doing!! you are going to need thermal paste to reseat the processor..