Jordan23

My verizon dsl is killing me!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

ISP::  Verizon Online DSL

ISP TYPE::  DHCP

MODEM::  Westell WireSpeed

Router::  D-Link DGL-4100 Gaming Router

--------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Testmy.net DLSPEEDTEST---------------------------------------

verizon.net

Download Average = 3811 Kbps :: 465 KB/sec --- 18836 records found (30 days of logs)

you

Download Average = 0 Kbps :: 0 KB/s --- 0 records found (30 days of logs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------Testmy.net ULSPEEDTEST-----------------------------------

verizon.net

Upload Average = 565 Kbps :: 69 KB/s --- 5130 records found (30 days of logs)

you

Upload Average = 0 Kbps :: 0 KB/s --- 0 records found (30 day of logs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----infospeed.verizon.net SPEEDTEST----

Download Size::  500KBytes

Download Speed::  522.1KBits//65.3KBytes

Dowload Time::  7.661seconds

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure how to use cablenut settings and stuff either,  which folder and what number settings? Like 256/300 etc.

I would really appreciate it if i could get as much help as possible and at least get into 1-2MB download speed! THANKYOU!

It says 0 records found. You have to be logged in before you take the tests. I also checked your IP address for tests. You haven't preformed any speed tests yet. That's why it says you're at 0%.

It's a little hard for us to help you tweak your speed if we can't see what you're currently getting.

Try a few upload and download speed tests, then post again. BTW, welcome to the forums.

SORRY IF I POSTED TWICE >.< I didn't know if you meant make new topic or just do again in here, im a newb-.-.

Here are my results, lol i found out how to do it correctly, I was doing it all wrong the other time -.-

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 744 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)

Download Speed is:: 91 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Jul 29 2005 15:47:27 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 13X faster than 56K 1MB download in 11.25 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 17.85 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-BVRHEMUDY

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 135 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 17 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Fri Jul 29 2005 15:48:18 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 60.24 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 21.5 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SK2WQP15R

AHH Horrible speeds, any tweaking helps!

My verizon dsl is killing me!!

I'm not sure how to use cablenut settings and stuff either, which folder and what number settings? Like 256/300 etc.

I would really appreciate it if i could get as much help as possible and at least get into 1-2MB download speed! THANKYOU!

Ok, so you've downloaded cablenut and Vanburens tweaks right? Do youm know what your advertised speeds are?

Guest helloimtim

There is no way a tweak will fix that.Sorry netmasta. No disraspect.  But with speeds that bad no way a tweak will fix it. With dsl and I assume xp home Just think it something else. Xp is pretty tweaked for dsl. There is forsure something major going on. Have you scaned for virus and or spyware. Have you tried the scan in safe mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jordan i'm on verizon too living in maine when i first got dsl my speeds were 1.2mb download and about 240kb upload then i upgraded to 3mb dl.Doing speed tests at verizon link always shows a lot slower then i actually am.The best  free site i use to test speeds is at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ i use the new york one you can click whatever one is closer to you.Teir site is pretty accurate i get average about 2.8mb download now and about 648 to 685 upload speeds now if i test at verizon i get 2.3mb down n 368 up you can try that link or try www.testmyspeed.com once you get there pick your state or one closest to you hope that helps

Tat2  Donald Costa

Feel free to e-mail me if need more help i've got an ftp server with tons of free programs for speeding up connection e-mail [email protected] or add me to msn [email protected]

i'll give you ip to connect direct to me and get files you need no problem

Me again if you try a ping test by going in start button hit run copy n paste what i type from the p in ping to the m in com n hit ok it goes fast so watch down middle it'll say for example 40ms shows 3 speeds up down and average if you do it 2 or 3 times you get ppretty good idea how fast you are paste this in run      ping www.yahoo.com    it'll test yur speed connecting to yahoo if it times out or does'nt work try    ping www.google.com  with high speed connection should be 40ms or faster dial up usually runs abbout 207ms with 45/kbps modem  connection speeds

Hope these help Tat2