VoIP

Swimmer

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Nice weather and all has kept me outside. I am around a little later if you want to try and tackle this. Very hard for me to do during business hours.

Thanks

I gotcha there, I had to jump on the scoot and burn some of that 47 MPG fuel  :evil6:

Alrighty then.

I would be very careful to move as few of the network components as possible.

From what we have talked about, you should be able to place the voip router that you can get into first in the string. Before doing o, make sure the DHCP in that first router is turned off. I you have to , reset the voip routers w/ the reset button. This will default them to there original configuration.

Should I go into the VOIP router and see if I can turn the DHCP off first or should I just reset it?

Just to make it simple, reset them both, there should be no reason that there should be any setting that you need that the vonage server wont place back where they need to be. Your phone service will obviously be down during this.  When you do this, one at a time, after reset, set the passwords to whatever you want, just write them down, you may never need them, but routers all need to be password protected.

The only way I know to access them is to hook them up directly to the internet modem, which I have done before. In the past I was able to get into 1 of them but not the other. Should I go ahead and try to get in them. It may mean that I will be offline until I hook things back up the way they are now. I just tried to get into them hooked up the way I am now and page could not be found.

If something happens and I can't get back on line, my land line phone# is 802-xxxxxxxxx

Edited  # for security reasons

What I did before is hook the internet modem to the VOIP router and then hook the router to one of the computers in the office here. That was when I was able to get into one of the routers but not the other.

If my understanding I need to have an internet connection to the voip routers to be able to get into them is that correct

OK

Sorry a little confused

I have a cat 5 coming out of my internet modem, do I hook that to the computer?

If so I have no way of hooking back to the voip router as my computer has only 1 cat 5 plug in. The voip router has 2 hookups, a blue for internet connection and a yellow that is supposed to be hooked to the computer

ok listen , there will be a cat5 cable comming out of the back of your computer, this is going to the last router if I remember from last week, either way, leave this plugged into the back of the computer, follow it until it connects to whatever it connects to, then disconnect it from whatever it is connected to, leaving it plugged into the back of your machine, plug the other end into the voip router, and click the link that says  192.168.15.1 , and you'll be in the voip router.