VoIP

Swimmer

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still have the blinking lights on the voip devices and no phone connection

I need you to test the voip router ( the last one ) for an internet connection.  Is there a way to connect the PC your working on right now, to the second voip router?

Also don't know if it makes a difference but I don't have a cable from the yellow port of the 2nd vonage router going anywhere

Nope

there is no internet connection to the computer now that it is hooked to the vonagae devise. There was a connection before we switched the cables to the voip

oh puke!  :-|  ok, for now, just leave connected as they are, reach back and hit the reset button on the first voip, not the second just the first.

still getting the blinking light on the voip

new message when I try to use phone it says

This vonage line is not set up for use and does not have a telephone # assigned to it

That may be a good sign, pay attention to the light sequence,  I know sometimes my routers take quite some time to gather the info when I fiddle w/ them.  So giver a few minutes. Specially since you have a kinda slow connection. lol

ok well look, were going to have to put back the settings where they were.

Turn DHCP back on. On both.

Make sure the correct password and user name is there.

Make sure you are set to PPPoE.

Leave one of the routers where it is.

Move the other router to the open port  wherever it was.

Restart the network.

------------------------------------------

The easy way here is to get into each router, and in the tools menu click the restore defaults.

Then go ahead , and make sure PPPoE is on, and the user name and password is correct, and save, then reboot.