VoIP

Swimmer

I think the problem I'm running into is that I cannot get a solid power light on either voip router

Yes, this means the router is trying to register w/ the vonage server.  I don't understand, have you reset the routers w/ the reset switch in the back, by holding the switch in for at least 15 - 25 seconds?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but i will try again

just to make sure I'd doing it correctly

Reset with the power plugged in and then it does it's own thing, right?

Leave the power on, hold the reset button down until you see the lights on the front change , either all go off, or start blinking all t once or something like that. We have to at least get them reset, That way they have a while to get there server info. I know you can't see straight anymore, as well as me.  :lol:

maybe I wasn't holding the reset long enough

I don't know maybe it's a late night miracle, but I hooked everything the way it's supposed to be and the phone works

Thank you Jesus!  I'm gonna do much much investigation on this, I will have the answer, and we will conquer this beast!  :haha: 

What user name, and or if any pass words did you use?

I really don't know what the H--- but I have the 2 voip routers hooked together and everything seems to be working. Whether they hav QOS, I don't know and at this point in the morning I don't care. Everything seems to be working for now.  I say lets go to bed and revisit this tommorrow

Don't gotta ask me twice  :2funny:  I'll see you tomorrow, have a good night .

I can barely keep my eyes open. I see why your head hurts. Sorry to put you through all this. Hopefully we are just about done. Maybe we can finish up tonight,but no all nighters, ok?

hahahaa, it's not the time, it's that I can't get some one into something, especially where they need there network to run there business, and just drop off letting them hang, I just can't do that.  :haha:

And please don't be sorry, I actually enjoy makin a mess of something just to fix it  :haha: :haha: Tell me that you havent learned something here. And I'll tell ya the sky is falling. Thats what it's all about.  :grin2:

Oh by the way I have learned a tremendous amount. I hate to say it but I am probably going to have be my own IT dept. as there I can't seem to find local people who seem to know as far as these things are concerned

You'll do fine, I have a long day, but we'll meet up this evening. I crashed out myself around 9:30  :haha:

Just go into the router in which the voip routers are connected to, look for the QOS settings, whatever port the voip routers are connected to , set that port for priority, or higher bandwidth than the others.  POst the router model number , and i'll look into the manual to guide you.

I found the QoS section in the linksys router

I have 2 options

Application-based Qos: You may control your bandwidth with respect to the application that is consuming bandwidth. There are several pre-configured applications. You may also customize up to three applications by entering the port number they use.

Port-based QoS: You may control your bandwidth according to which physical LAN port your device is plugged into. You may assign High or Low priority to devices connected on LAN ports 1 through 4.   

Currently everything is set a low