VoIP

Swimmer

I was hoping to see if you could

Ok

From the DSL modem I go into the internet port on the wireless router Port 1 on the wireless goes to port 1 on the 2nd router port 2 on the 2nd router goes to the linksys workswitch port 3 on th e2nd router goes to one of the computers port 4 on the 2nd goes to vonage devise port 2 on the wireless goes to the other vonage port 3&4 goe to other computers and port 1 on switch goes to another computer.

Interesting the cable from 1st router the cable goes to the 1st port on the first viop router, I have made this work, but generally the cable should be connected to the " internet " port on the router.

On the port that the voip router connects to, go into that router ( the first one) and set that port to 100Mbps , and the rest lesser. This wont change any setting that will effect connectivity, just give the phone router more bandwidth.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when plugging into internet port I lose my connections. Where do you change the settings on the ports. I didn't see it when I was in the router

Which settings are you looking to change?

This is why I would have liked to see just the port QOS changed, there's no tellin from here w/o screen shots of the network settings, and what has to stay where it is.

ok

From the DSL modem, the first modem is a linksys wrt54g wireless 2.4ghz modem. The wire from the DSL modem goes into the internet connection port.

Looking back at your current configuration,  please specify when you said "From the DSL modem I go into the internet port on the wireless router Port 1 on the wireless goes to port 1 on the 2nd router "  if the second router, not the wireless router, is a voip router.

no it is a linksys BEFSR41 router

I can't figure out the purpose of this router. The wireless has tunneling capabilities, so it seems like a waste. If you connect the second vonage device, then you can set the QOS on the wireless  to port specifics.  Correct me if I am wrong, but you have no connections, other than the phone lines  to either viop router correct?

EDIT : I meant to say, if you connect the second voip router though the first voip router.

No one VOIP router is hooked to the wireless and the other VOIP router is hooked to the BEFSR41. The reason for all the routers is that I need that many ports for hooking up other components

ok well you have a open port on the wireless right? , and nothing connected to the voip router comming from the befsr41 , right?

I didn't realize that you could hook the Voip routers together

I don't see why not, they are allocated though vonage by mac address, so they should be picked up

DHCP will already be off on the voip comming from the wireless, (should be but that can be changed ) because it is on on the wireless, and it should not matter on the second one, if you don't connect anything to the ports on the second voip router connected to the first one

All the ports are full on both linksys routers. I just tried hooking the vonage routers together and when I tried to use the phone, whatever vonage device not hooked directly to a linksys, I got a message saying the vonage devise was not hooked to the internet

There is a real good possibility that this system may not have been hooked up correctly from the beginning as the IT guy who hooked it up did not appear as the most knowledgable

ok I missed something here, I'll reread as you are, I know there are 4 ports on the wrt54g, so please tell me where are the other two ports going to.......

Ok

From the DSL modem I go into the internet port on the wireless router Port 1 on the wireless goes to port 1 on the 2nd router port 2 on the 2nd router goes to the linksys workswitch port 3 on th e2nd router goes to one of the computers port 4 on the 2nd goes to vonage devise port 2 on the wireless goes to the other vonage port 3&4 goe to other computers and port 1 on switch goes to another computer.

Ahh, I read again, sorry , my bad!  Are the 3&4th ported computers from the wireless, accessed from remote locations?

# 3 is the computer that is accessed remotely. Currently #4 is a vonage devise

Earlier today I had both vonage devises hooked to the wireless with no problem, other than when I was doing the upload test I started cutting out again

I happen to have a vonage supplied router in my hand, tell me if yours are the same as mine,    ( motorola vt1005v) I will access the thing and see if i can set the dhcp service to off,