VoIP

Swimmer

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

Potentially, could be working a little better, but still having some problems. Right now vonage routers are linked to each other. Should they each have their own port on the linksys router with the ports set to high?

Definetly have problems when I'm on the phone and do an upload test. Must be too much draw. Also 1 vonage router has a fax line that does not work well

Any other ideas

I'll be in and out over the weekend, so nothing urgent

Hi there

Potentially, could be working a little better, but still having some problems. Right now vonage routers are linked to each other. Should they each have their own port on the linksys router with the ports set to high?

Definetly have problems when I'm on the phone and do an upload test. Must be too much draw. Also 1 vonage router has a fax line that does not work well

Any other ideas

I'll be in and out over the weekend, so nothing urgent

As far as the fax, mine never worked flawlessly either, sometimes just wont send a fax unless I reboot the router.

Setting each router up on it's own port at priority bandwidth wont do you any good. You may try setting the computer ports to there lowest settings, making sure the port that the voip router gets the highest.

There is other firmware that you could install on the router called "dd-wrt" . This firmware allows for a greater separation of bandwidth between ports. Not to difficult to install, pretty much just use the  "upgrade firmware " tab in the administrate section.  The trick is choosing the correct one.