VoIP

Swimmer

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes

Care to get to the bottom of this?  You need to connect to the voip router directly, both of them. Not at the same time.

Just connect directly to the computer and the voip router, ( i would suggest the first one, ) and typr in the address bar the address 192.168.15.1 so you see the configuration, you will see a username and password box come up, type "router" into both the username, and the password boxes,  use the pdf you downloaded for a refference to find the DHCP control, turn it OFF. I believe it is in the "wan configuration " in setup. Then connect the second voip router to the first one. plug them back in, and wait until the lights come on, and off you go.

Ahh

Sounds like a challenge for tommorrow. Almost midnight and my eyes are about to fall out. I really appreciate the help and I will let you know how things go tommorrow.

I have the same problem, but we will get this thing behind us, we've gone to far now hahah  no turnin back  :haha: :haha: Have a good night

Just thought I would let you know that I will work on this more after 5:00 PM EST. I'm raising to much havoc plugging and unplugging things here in the office. I was'nt able to get into the vonage router using the ip address in the user guide. I'm going to have to try hooking the vonage devise directly to my DSL modem and see if I can get in that way

Just thought I would let you know that I will work on this more after 5:00 PM EST. I'm raising to much havoc plugging and unplugging things here in the office. I was'nt able to get into the vonage router using the ip address in the user guide. I'm going to have to try hooking the vonage devise directly to my DSL modem and see if I can get in that way

Well the person that did the original install, most likely changed the default username, and password for security reasons, but we can fix that to.  I'll catch up w/ you later after business hours.  :lol:  I imagine you are creating some interesting looks  :evil6:

Well here we are again. I'm becoming very familiar with the backs of my routers. This is what I've found out so far. I hooked a computer directly to the vonage router and also hooked the DSL modem line to the vonage router. I was able to get into one of the vonage motorola devises with the ip address in the vonage user guide. I can not get into the other one. When I put the address in the screen comes up "Page cannot be found"

I think I'm starting to understand the plan here. I think what we would like to do is go from the DSL modem to a vonage router to the next vonage router to the linksys router. All makes sense now.

The one problem I may have is that I will be off line while adjusting the vonage routers and then I will have to switch things around to get back on line to communicate with you

One flaw in the design ,  keep the viop routers on  one " leg " or port to themselves, don't put any devices in series with them. This way the they have bandwidth prejudice over all by means of setting the QOS in the wireless to that specific port.

If you cannot access one of the VOIP routers, just put it last in the sequence, just be sure to set the DHCP in the first one to OFF.

Fell asleep on the couch last night, so I guess I'll have to try tonight. I am unclear how I will keep the vonage routers out of the loop because I only have 1 internet connection port and if I hook that to the vonage router, how will I get the internet connection to the linksys routers.

Also I will need some guidence on setting up the vonage routers, setting up the DHCP and QOS. Still curious why I can't get into one of the vonage routers

Talk to ya later

Fell asleep on the couch last night, so I guess I'll have to try tonight. I am unclear how I will keep the vonage routers out of the loop because I only have 1 internet connection port and if I hook that to the vonage router, how will I get the internet connection to the linksys routers.

Also I will need some guidence on setting up the vonage routers, setting up the DHCP and QOS. Still curious why I can't get into one of the vonage routers

Talk to ya later

Yeh, we'll get it, we will connect the Voips to the second router. One way or another  :lol:

I've got a few minutes this morning, anything we should try

Well this time I have a couple things going on,  I would suggest in the mean time, just looking through the wireless router scoping out what and where things are, so when the time comes we don't have to search for things. More or less just familiarize yourself with the router, and if you have time, maybe read what some of the options do.