Can someone's IP be in the same range as mine?

Bird Fan

Here's my problem. I was banned from a message board because the administrator thought I was making multiple accounts. The other person who I was assumed to be, also has Direcway, and lives in the same county as me.

Here's a PM from the admin talking about "there's no way someone's IP could be in the same range":

"Birdfan has a dynamic IP.....a very specific IP range. Everytime he logs on it changes slightly. The chances of four people logging on within that extremely small IP range are astronomical. Even if they live in the same house that wouldn't happen. Not only that he's trying to use proxy's to cover his tracks and now we suddenly have yet another new member on the same narrow IP range Birdfan has used at one time. The dudes playing games and I've been doing this long enough to recognize it."

(I got a program to change my IP so I could send him a PM)

BTW, I haven't messed with my proxies at all, this guy is just going paranoid everytime someone with Direcway signs up.

Is there anyone that can tell me something that I could tell this guy to make him realize that he banned the wrong guy?

I know that there has to be some reason why this other guy's IP was in range with mine.. I don't know if it's being on the same sattelite or just living near him.

Yes, can and will... I could give you the list of members in the same IP range as you... Its quite long... that admin doesn't know what he's talking about... unless it's a really, really small forum, I can guarantee someone else has/has had the same IP as you...

Do you think there is anything extremely convincing that I could say that  would make this stubborn idiot change his mind about me? I don't want to post there ever again (i was even a mod) but I want this guy to realize that he made a mistake.

The board is quite small... But there have probably been plenty of people that have viewed that

Bird Fan ...each and every time that you reset your Dway....be it a 4000 or a 6000 ....you pick up a new proxy server....thus a new IP address....if you have doubts about this PM me and I'll show you.... :evil6:

UPDATE:

Okay, I sent this to the "admin":

View IP's used by Bird Fan

Most recent IP address: 66.82.9.46

IP's used in messages: 141.76.1.121, 66.82.9.13, 66.82.9.14, 66.82.9.26, 66.82.9.30, 66.82.9.37, 66.82.9.40, 66.82.9.46, 66.82.9.48, 66.82.9.54, 66.82.9.59, 66.82.9.61, 66.82.9.64, 66.82.9.65, 66.82.9.66, 66.82.9.68, 66.82.9.70, 66.82.9.75, 66.82.9.78, 66.82.9.80, 66.82.9.82, 66.82.9.85, 66.82.9.87, 66.82.9.89, 67.44.141.223

IP's used in error messages:

Members possibly in the same range: jim, Social Reject, kbutts, rlh24,

Wow, something I never paid much attention too.  I often check forums during lunch at work.  Even if I paid for a static address from Direcway for my home, that would be a different IP.  Now that I think about it, my previous dial-up accounts didn't handout static IP either, they drew from a similar bank of numbers like Direcway does.

If the moderator is that hung up, you might as well avoid the forum.  I get the impression there'd be a similar tone to the moderation from any postings.