Graphic Card Question

justinlay

I was just wondering cause i didnt get the best results as i was exspecting. It bechmark about the same as my Radeon 9200.

specs on my new card:

memory 256mb DDR

core clock 375Mhz

RAMDACs: Dual 400Mhz

API support Microsft Direcx 9.0 and lower, OpenGL 1.5 and lower for microsoft windows

Connectors VGA, DVI-I, S-Video out

Vertices/Sec 281 Million

hey again:

I'm sure some other folks here can give you a better picture of this but for what it's worth here are a couple of thoughts.

1) Thanks for the reply on what your running,  it really shouldn't be a limiter for the test so we can set  that aside.

2) Everyone is right,  the newer card should blow the other one away.  Try a few things before you say they are "about the same" First change settings to max out the cards work.  Use higher than normal resolution and turn on anti hazing to max.

The newer card has capabilties that you aren't using if you don't have the things turned up...  You might find that at 1024X768 without anti both perform the same.  However at 1600X1200 with full anti you might find the older card gets smoked.

I'm running an ATI with 512Mg and it is only so so performance wise until I turn up the heat,  then it holds on fine when my old card cried for mercy...

LD

The newer card has capabilties that you aren't using if you don't have the things turned up...  You might find that at 1024X768 without anti both perform the same.  However at 1600X1200 with full anti you might find the older card gets smoked.

That is a great point!  the new Geforce 7800 series is the same or slower than the 6800 in low resolution tests.. but when you put 4x AA and 8x AF the card will wip the crap out of everything.. we are talking about a 3 fps difference..

image041.gif

As of right now im running a screen resolution of 1280 X 1024 32 color. and i benchmark with 3dmark2001 and the 6200 strugled with the nature benchmark, unlike my radeon on the 8 light horse bench it strugled hard. ill try mess with some settings and see what i can get out of it. I want to thank everyone for helping me out. Thanks guys