I need help picking out out a CPU fan and some case fans.

mummer43

Ok, the fan on my processor is acting up and I would like to replace it.  I have an Asus P4P800s motherboard and a Pentium 4 3.3 GHz processor.  Can someone tell me what fans are compatible with that processor? 

Also, I have one case fan that is a little loud and I'd also like to add another.  How do I know which size to get?

The key word on all these fans is quiet!!

Thanks!!

Hey check out http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=62

just select what you need ( your CPU Socket type is a 478 pin).

As case fans go you probably have an 80mm fan if the fan is really big its a 120mm

Thanks... I have the 80mm case fan.  I have 2 case fan ports, one on top of the other.  Should I have one fan blowing in and one fan blowing out?

I have 2 case fan ports, one on top of the other.

ya lost me.

if they are in the same proximity, yes they should be blowing in the same direction if they are directly across from eachother on should go in and the other out. The latter is what I think you were asking but I am not sure.

ya lost me.

if they are in the same proximity, yes they should be blowing in the same direction if they are directly across from eachother on should go in and the other out. The latter is what I think you were asking but I am not sure.

Sorry for the confusion.  They are on the back of the case and the ports are perpendicular with each other.  There are no other ports.  Only one is in use at this time.

It looks like this:  [_]

[_]

yea have both of those fans blowing in so that fresh cool air is blowing over the CPU and you should have a port on bottom front of the case too it will probably be hidden by the fron bezel (face plate) put one on there blowing out.

That looks like a nice heatsink and fan dont forget to get some arctic silver the instructions are here http://www.arcticsilver.com/instructions.htm

yea have both of those fans blowing in so that fresh cool air is blowing over the CPU and you should have a port on bottom front of the case too it will probably be hidden by the fron bezel (face plate) put one on there blowing out.

That looks like a nice heatsink and fan dont forget to get some arctic silver the instructions are here http://www.arcticsilver.com/instructions.htm

I have a port in the front, but it's obscured by the faceplate.  I just realized that I only have one 3 pin wire on my power supply and that's being used.  How can I hook up a 2nd case fan.  There's a 4 pin conector... is there an adapter?

• 3 weeks later...

It's a good idea to have those back fans to blow air out of the case, and a front and side fan suck in air. Usually there's a lot of dust behind your PC, and setting those back fans to suck means you're gonna get most of that dust back into the computer, and that's a bad thing ™.

I'm kinda a fan of Zalman's 7000 series, hooked my dad up with a 7000AlCu and I have a 7000Cu planned for my next computer. The 7700's and the latest Zalman creation are either too big or too heavy.