Small problem with gateway and connection.

MttFrog13

I have had the Westell Versalink gateway that came with my verizon dsl package since November (which is when i got high speed internet so i can play HALO2). Now there seems to be a problem with it. Every half and hour about, it will either completely shut off and come back on, or shut off very quick so u will hardly notice. I know it is the gateway causing the problem because this interupts my computer's connection and my xbox live connection. I think the problem may be because i was having some problems with my connection, which was here in network connections under LAC (top pic), so i called verizon, and they had me setup a connection on my gateway's software which I usually dont have to do (bottom pic). Somebody told me that my gateway might be overheating and to put a fan on it, i tried that and it doesn't work. What should i do?

I called and we found out that the cord from my gateway to my comp. was too long which was 14 feet. I had it long so my ethernet cord to my xbox wasn't too long but i  shortened the cord to my gateway and lengthened the one to xbox live, haven't had a single problem since. I hope that doesnt cause more latency on xbox live.

that is really strange!!  Ethernet is good up to like 300ft runs...maybe this is an underpowered gateway or something.  Well atleast you found out what was causing the problem.  It also could have been the cable itself.  Glad it is working!