Cool Military Pictures...

Guest Hyperspace

i forget what island it is, and don't feel like googling it atm. but there is a runway that ends pretty much right at the beach. some of the images look photoshopped to me though, since while the aircraft do come in as low as that, usually people avoid the area due to the noise and the wingtip vortices.

since while the aircraft do come in as low as that, usually people avoid the area due to the noise and the wingtip vortices.

I didn't think of that.

That is Maho Beach http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?front=yes&maxres=500&keywords=Maho+Beach It is very real.. other wise there are a hell of alot of people making these photos look really good.. I guess the beach was lost according to the picture after the hurricane season of 04

Frickin amazing. Those people must be deaf now. Also, ya think they'd have better security these days.

mh, thining of a diff beach then, the one i have in mind is a rock mound separating it from runway and then just a few feet of sand. and that's pre 04. deaf, prolly not, since landing airliners are quiet, and taking off they would be far higher once crossing beach. but there must be a fuckload of sand blown around from the wingtip vortices. exciting for plane buffs maybe, but the everyday tourist?