not connectable

dummie

just relocated and went from dsl on west coast to road runner in central new york. have wireless service and was provided with an ambit cable/modem model#60740EUW. i download various programs from the UK and was always connectable nor with RR i am not connectable and my d/l & u/l speeds are low and slow.  i contacted ambit to see if they could tell me how to reconfig the modem and was told only the cable co. which is time warner can do that. i contacted RR to no avail, they claim that all the ports are open & fwd (6881-6889). apparently they also only provide a dynamic IP, which may be another problem. i'm no techie and would sure appreciate any help in getting connected :)

I am not quite sure what you are asking.. do you want to connect to something over the ports that you have listed?  if that is the case you just need to forward them to the ip address of the computer you are on..

my problem is that when i am d/ling and or uploading from the site where i get TV programs i show as not being connected.  therefore, other users cannot leach from me, so my ratios and speed are low and slow. it has to have something to do with this cable/modem but i'm not sure if it's in the cable/modems firewall or somewhere else? and so i'd like to know if there is a way that i can correct the prob and make myself connectable. i am using bittornado and have never had a prob with it. thank you

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a software firewall installed and have not opened a port for the BT program, that could be a problem.. Additionally, the dynamic IP could pose a problem, if you do not sign in to the tracker before leeching something, as your account would use your old IP and not the current one, if you disconnected from the Internet before.. Do you have a software firewall installed?