Looking for a project? WINDOWS VISTA

Swimmer

I know that there are a hell of alot of member wanting to use windows vista but either dont want to mess with their hard drives or dont know where to get the system files.  So here is the challenge.  Linux offers Live cds.  Basically what you can do is try a distro of Linux on CD before installing it on your hard drive.  So everything is booted using the cd rom drive and the computer's memory.

The Challenge:

Create a bootable Vista cd.  I know that it is possible to make a XP/2k3 boot cd from slashdot. http://slashdot.org/articles/04/02/15/0251249.shtml?tid=185&tid=190&tid=201  Take a look at that.  Let me know if you have any questions.  You are going to have to use a DVD burner to complete this project i am thinking.

I know that there are a hell of alot of member wanting to use windows vista but either dont want to mess with their hard drives or dont know where to get the system files. .

The easiest way to test Vista without messing up your hard drive is to use VMWare or Virtual PC 2004.

so you're doing an install to a hd, then burning the whole thing, assigning a hd as the virtual mem location? (all the while hoping that windows only modifies the vm location and none of the files of the install when running) interested in how you accomplish windows not screwing with itself) i seem to recall windows modding it's system files regularly.

good luck.

Here is the story.. I was unable to make the DVD this weekend. I got vista installed and running.. the software i was going to used needs some folder that is not included on Vista.. so I am going to have to find another way.. Give me some more time.. :lol:

Go to http://beta.microsoft.com and fill out the Potential Testers Nomination Survey.  This is one of the official methods for getting involved in beta testing Microsoft products.  It will take you a while to figure out where the survey is on the site.  I don't want to tell you the specific location so that you will get familiar with the site.  A Microsoft Passport ID is required.