Sygate Firewall problem

cholla

I recently had a problem with Sygate Personal Firewall (free).It stopped putting its icon in the task bar.It also would not execute from start programs or from Program files.It was like it was no longer in the system.So I uninstalled it DLed the latest version & installed it .It still did the same thing.I then uninstalled the new Sygate & DLed an older Version from a suggestion in the Sygate Forum It did the same as the newer DL.So I gave up on it & installed Agnitum Outpost Firewall.

It installed correctly & works .I tested it with Sheilds UP & it is stealth on all ports so I'm protected.

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else had any simular problems with Sygate.

BTW the Sygate  forum wasn't any help they didn't respond to my post.

I recently had a problem with Sygate Personal Firewall (free).It stopped putting its icon in the task bar.It also would not execute from start programs or from Program files.It was like it was no longer in the system.So I uninstalled it DLed the latest version & installed it .It still did the same thing.I then uninstalled the new Sygate & DLed an older Version from a suggestion in the Sygate Forum It did the same as the newer DL.So I gave up on it & installed Agnitum Outpost Firewall.

It installed correctly & works .I tested it with Sheilds UP & it is stealth on all ports so I'm protected.

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else had any simular problems with Sygate.

BTW the Sygate

rayray909  I didn't have any problem getting on the internet Or sygate blocking everything.Mine worked correctly for about 10 months then it was like all its functions were removed & it still could'nt be installed again even with a new DL of the software.It was like having no firewall.

The free version doesn't expire if its for personal home use.The 30 days is only if you want a registered version with tech support.

I tried the KAV & had problems with it .Maybe the problem was between it & Sygate.

Agnitum Outpost Firewall seems to work well it just lacks some of the bells & whistles like backtrace for example.

btw I do use Kaspersky's online beta  virus scan it has never found a virus in my OS but thats what I want it to report because that means I am keeping them out.