MY speed is sad , life is slow :(

colombia

nice try, but no cigar.

the bandwidth is assigned to the ports on the dslam, so you would have to be on-site and start plugging cables.

but since it's so corrupt, couldn't you find out what palms to grease so they can speed up your connection?

or if you're willing to pay more, go sattelite. whole other mess of problems, but at least you'd be above 8k. heck, you could rent out bandwidth to your neighbors and recoup the investment.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 30 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 4 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Sun Aug 7 17:57:08 CST 2005

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB download in 256 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 4.32 % of your hosts average (.)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-D8ABRFJWH

i have a friend who works @ the place but he probably wont want to risk his job over improving my connection , but ill see. and satellite is an option but installation of directway here goes on for 1200 dollars i dont have that money and ive heard it works shitty here and its imposible to play online because of the long delay time for the packet to get to the destination its like 400 ms to get to the satellite or something like that and another 400 on the way down , so not cool. i bet theres a telnet u can do to the DSLAM and try and brute force the username and pw but ,, i dont know how to use brute forcing software properly. but thanks for the opinion

and to prevent anyone from the outside from accessing the dslam, the user traffic side of the system has nothing to do with the maintenance network side. you shouldn't be able to cross over between the two sides. if you can hack into the telco's internal net, /then/ you have a chance. but from where you are, no hope. besides which it might not be a good idea to try that with your connection, since the port is assigned to you by wiring, as you correctly surmised, and therefore any attack by you would easily be tracable to your person. and then you would be dealing with a whole other kind of corrupt organisation, if your username is any hint to your physical location.