what type of tv is best

amc11890

What type of tv do u think is best??  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What type of tv do u think is best??

• Plasma
    • LCD
    • projection
    • Original
    • other

I can't really say too much because I have a 17Year old Mitsubishi analog that works as good as new.

I have been trying to keep track of the newer TV's though and my thought is to go through the process of elimination.

1- Porjection TV's seem to grainy for me, so no to that.

2- Analog TV's are just plain outdated.

3- Plasma's are nice, but too damn pricey, at least for me.

4-So that leaves LCD , nice picture quality, not as pricey as plasma.

Then you just have to consider, Brand name, Widescreen, HDTV,Price,Bells and whistles.

Good luck...I'm glad I don't have to decide right now.  ;)

in my basement, is the Real Deal:

circa-1968 Zenith "Console Stereo TV Deluxe"; speakers are mounted either side of the screen & on top, is 2 lift-up doors that reveal true Zenith "Diamond Stylus Deluxe" turntable & built-in FM tuner, complete with the big red tuning bar linked to the oversized gold knob.

circa-1968 Zenith "Console Stereo TV Deluxe"; speakers are mounted either side of the screen & on top, is 2 lift-up doors that reveal true Zenith "Diamond Stylus Deluxe" turntable & built-in FM tuner, complete with the big red tuning bar linked to the oversized gold knob.

Hey i remember growing up with one of those.......... memories

I think it was newer but a freind had an old Zenith console TV with a zoom feature.

Price size and picture quality wise a good DLP  cannot be beat. I have a 65 inch Hitachi Ultravision rear projection. If your getting projection Hitachi ultravisions the way to go man. i have HDTV and it is unbelievable. :D If you have a choice get dlp... get it now. http://www.avsforum.com/ Try this site out. I help out there and they KNOW what is up with home electronics.

I bought a Sony Wega hdtv 30" widescreen last year for $850 The picture is icredible I love Discovery HDTV Channel

These days you can get a nice DLP projector and have virtually any size you want Thats what I am getting when we move into our new house. Whatever you get, get a DLP HDTV. Toshiba has a great picture and is always a couple of hundred bucks cheaper than Sony.

It's really a matter of preference and application.  I don't think there is a 'best' overall.

Had a JVC 27' CRT that died.  I would have just replaced it with another CRT, but I wanted to relocate it to a place where I didn't have the depth necessary for a CRT.

Looked at plasma, but rejected it based on price and durability.

Got a 30" LCD [syntax Olevia], and mounted it in the corner of the room at ceiling level, angled down.

Connected to Dish, Analog Broadcast Antenna, VCR and DVD all on separate inputs.  Analog is a bit grainey, but that's more due to weak signal strength than anything else.

All in all it has worked out well, my only complaint is that I wish I could turn down the brightness a bit more.