Is AVG free edition a good choice for antivirus?

I use it on every syetem that I "clean" up because the dumb dumb forgot to install antivirus..  I think it is fairly easy to learn and doesnt require tons of computer knowledge to operate it.. I might have to go and check out this other program..

Guest kamil234

kav = kaspersky? i had that..i got windows Xp, it fucked up my computer and nothing would even load, had to format my drive and install everything all over lol  :roll:

Guest kamil234

My computer is 3 years old, i dont know how it messed it up, i clicked "scan" and a blue screen poped up, shut off my computer and when i tried to go on, the blue screen would just pop up when windows loads and it would shut down my computer again

thats weird.... i haven't gotten any problems with it' my computer is almost 3 years old and its working as it did the first day i got it.... when i tried Kerio ok that program was bad as it made IE run at 100% when it normally it runs at about 6%. well i have a back ups to my computer to get it back however i want with or without any programs installed.incase i have to reformat due to problems/

I have AVG free & I'm satisfied with it .I have tested virus free for months.If you want to check with Kaspersky you can DL the online scanner below & run the scan.It didn't find any virus in my OS so I guess AVG has been keeping them out of my OS.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner Beta version 5.0.50.0

Link to install the online scanner

http://www.kaspersky.com/beta?product=161744315