Razr V3 Problem

jmackc

I recently dropped my Razr in the toilet.  Stupid no ??  I retrieved it, turned it off, dried it out over a lamp overnight, started it up and all features work perfectly.  The problem is the battery only lasts 9 to 10 hours with minimal usage.  I tried a new battery, same result.  Razr has the red dot feature that shows when a phone has been exposed to water..  Mine has approximately 1/8 of a red dot.  Does anyone know a remedy for the quick discharge???  Thanks,

Yeah.. buy a new one.. you dropped a $400 phone in a toilet.. and it still works.. I would not be complaining about quick battery discharge..  The paper on the back is water sensitive.. so if you try and return it they will tell you dropped it in a toilet.. You might have created something on the pcb board that is causing the batter to discharge... since there are particles in water.. the residue might be causing a short or powering something that normally wouldnt be powered all of the time.. like the camera or bluetooth..

All i can say is that you are damn lucky!

if you feel that the discharge is too bad to keep using it, and you want to take the risk, find a site that has instructions on phone modding (led's and shit) to find out exactly how to open the case. take the whole thing apart, and, maybe using some distilled water as a solvent, check the circuits for any visible residue etx, try to remove any stains or what not. this might also finish your phone off, either way, good luck.

Tigerdirect has been running that promo for some time now.. yeah 99.00 for the silver one and like 150-200 for the new black one..

Just so no one thinks they can purchase an unlocked, unbranded Razr V3 for stated prices .....

Tiger Direct quotes $327.99 for the silver and $349.99 for the black.