Major pc problem

Supreme1

Ok i bought a new computer about 2 months ago and yesterday it shut off by itself and wont turn back on but inside it is showing a green light so it is reciveing power but the light inside was red so any help or ideas what my problem is appreciated thank you this is the brother so im nbot to good at computers or but thats the best explanation

Guest kamil234

It happened to me before what i had my old computer a couple of years ago, the switch just broke, you need to carry it into the customer service if you have warranty or just get it to repair shop and they'll fix it for you (im not 100% sure if its the switch that broke, but thats what happened in my case)

I am guessing that the red light on the motherboard is not a good thing..  I am going to need some more info.. was this a custom built computer? is the ling on the inside normally green?  If you could throw a picture of this "light" and the pc itself that would be a huge help..

I am going to guess it is either motherboard related.. aka you might have distroyed it.. or it is ps related.. might have blown the power supply..

We need more info on the computer as far as what it has for hardware. Did you get a manual with it? It should tell you what the light being green means. Do the fans spin when you turn it on or do you just get the light?

If you want to know what it has for hardware you can download the trial of everest http://www.lavalys.com/

That will tell you what you have for hardware ;)

When i turn the computer nothing in the computer turns on except for the green light and ill try to get you the motherboard information question on the mobo info how am i supposed to check with that program if i cant turn on the computer well i went inside the pc for a min and this was some printing on it

18it-is7-v2

question on the mobo info how am i supposed to check with that program if i cant turn on the computer

ROFL that is a good question...you can't. My bad i was not thinking when i posted that. :roll:

I will have a look and see what i can find.

Ok Abit-is7-v2..

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=187

is that what it looks like?

From the User manual I have found out that there should be 2 lights on in the lower right hand corner if the system is working correctly.. right now it seem like the only one that is on is the power supply is plugged in..

Might try unpluggging power cord for a minute, then plug in and try power button again.

If that doesn't work try clearing CMOS, again unplug PS until the 5v stdby light goes off and find the CCMOS jumper next to the battery and jump 2-3 for about 30sec. or so, then jump back to

1-2 posistion plug power in and try power button, at this point if it starts, go into BIOS and set it up correctly.

Last resort....Do you have a spare ATX PS ?, if so hook it up to MB don't worry about peripheral devices at this time, and try to power on.

Your 12v side of power supply may have dumped but the 5v stdby power may still be working and that may be why the one light is on and not the other...........good luck  ;)

Q: Why the system failed to boot up and nothing was displayed on the screen after I did some over-clocking or non-standard settings inside the BIOS? Is the motherboard dead? Do I need to return it to where I bought from or go through an RMA process?

A: It should not cause hardware or permanent damage to motherboard when BIOS settings were changed from default to over-clocking or non-standard status. We suggest the following three troubleshooting methods to discharge CMOS data, recover the hardware default status, and then make the motherboard working again. No need to bother returning the motherboard to where you bought from or go through an RMA process.

Step 1. Switch off the power supply unit and then switch it on again after one minute. If there is no power switch on the power supply unit, disconnect its power cord for one minute and then connect it back.

Press and hold the <Insert> key on the keyboard, press the power-on button to boot up system. If it works, loose the <Insert> key and hit <Del> key to enter the BIOS setup page to do the correct settings.

If the situation remains the same, repeat the procedures in Step 1 for three times, or try Step 2.

Step 2. Switch off the power supply unit or disconnect the power cord. Open the chassis cover. Locate the CCMOS jumper near the button battery. Change the jumper position from default 1-2 to 2-3 for one minute to discharge the CMOS data, and then put it back to default 1-2 position.

Close the chassis and switch on the power supply unit or plug in the power cord. Press the power-on button to boot up system. If it works, hit <Del> key to enter the BIOS setup page to do the correct settings.

If the situation remains the same, try Step 3.

Step 3. The same procedure as Step 2, but in the meantime of discharging the CMOS data, pull out ATX power connectors from motherboard and remove the button battery during CMOS discharging.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...