need help with speeding up lan transfer rates

Blunted

i want to know what speed i can get with a 100 mb nic.  both comps are over 2.8 ghz pentium 4HT with 1 gig of ram and 2 gigs in the other and both of the have the same kind of nic(exact model) and both set to full duplex and i cant get past these speeds.

9604.11 kB/s is 78676.87 Kbps

Or 78.68 Mbps  ::: 9.38 MB/sec

can i go faster ?

should i buy a gigabit switch and nic cards?

i am using my firewall and got 9604 kb and used your calculator and it came to that.  also my card goes to 76% and spikes to 80% sometimes. i am using cat 6 and the wires are 1.5 feet each and connect to a switch that does 200mbps.  both cards are on full duplex and the cpu is at 40 to 50%

anything else you need to know that might be able to help out?

I would have tested those drivers, you can always manual reinstall them

but since it claim to be the latest its probl not going to get any better then this. It might also be a problem in the switch, if you have a TP cable, bypass that switch and connect the both PC

i connected them directly together with a crossover cable cause it wont work with cat 5 or 6 but my other ethernet cards do.  i am stuck at about 9800 kB/s =  80281.6 Kbps Or 80.28 Mbps  ::: 9.57 MB/sec with spikes upto 11507 kB/s =  94265.34 Kbps

Or 94.27 Mbps  ::: 11.24 MB/sec

1 thing i noticed is that it will stay at around 9,800 with 1 download and with more downloads it goes faster.  is that right?

i get 11,500 on windows now and sometimes hits over 12,500 on 100 mb but now i want to speed up my gigabit lan if its possible.  the fastest i hit was about 140 mb and i dont know about verizons test server cause it give off bad test results and duplex modes but it says( The theoretical network limit is 137.02 Mbps ) so that seems accurate. 

i am gonna mess with it tomorrow and see if i can tweak cablenut and mess with some other things to get past 140 mb.

i get 11,500 on windows now and sometimes hits over 12,500 on 100 mb but now i want to speed up my gigabit lan if its possible.  the fastest i hit was about 140 mb and i dont know about verizons test server cause it give off bad test results and duplex modes but it says( The theoretical network limit is 137.02 Mbps ) so that seems accurate. 

i am gonna mess with it tomorrow and see if i can tweak cablenut and mess with some other things to get past 140 mb.

11.5 on a 100mb nic?  Did you do any tweaking.

I love Kerio, but I've noticed it slow down lan transfers sometimes..  Mainly for FTP..

look at the 100 mb lan pic above its the 1st pic.  kerio does slow it down a little bit but i still get around 9000 Kb a sec with it on so its not that bad.  i didnt tweak much but i messed around with cable nut and gonna finish it tomorrow and see what i can get on gigabit ethernet.