Do you think you have a fast PC?

VanBuren

Here's something interesting.

I downloaded and ran PCMark 05 (as much as I could without registering, anyway).

Look at the attachment, about the Hyperthreading part.

Is my PC HT capable and I didn't even know it?

Just curious, never dealt with HT, and I know alot of you on the board are running HT PCs right now.

Thanks-

I wouldnt hold your breath.. There are reports that they are having problems with the south bridges. I guess they are going to plan a release in the fall for the first version.. we will see if they can threaten the Nvidia Nforce.

Yeah, I read about a few issues, but it's scheduled for a September release. Gonna be pretty hard to beat when it gets here.

Here's something interesting.

I downloaded and ran PCMark 05 (as much as I could without registering, anyway).

Look at the attachment, about the Hyperthreading part.

Is my PC HT capable and I didn't even know it?

Just curious, never dealt with HT, and I know alot of you on the board are running HT PCs right now.

Thanks-

yes, quoting myself :-)

Check in your BIOS... if you can turn it on the setting should be in there...

BTW from way back in the thread - thanks, php, I looked it up, and my processor is not HT, but the mobo is HT capable.

That's why it is disabled.

Again, Thanks for the tip.

I have yet to see any test run on this new platform.. Anandtech has a pretty good article on the motherboard and the graphics cards.. But no test were run.

Test were run a little while ago. ATI took the record at the time. When Crossfire gets here, I think ATI will be hard to beat. :)

Test results: [url=http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=5670.0]ATI Technologies Claims World

ur liek the luckiest person alive, to have a 100mbit home connection thru fiber and now thinking about a sli system :| i wish i lived where u did lol

:haha: i dont complain  :D

Well i been suffering with this old AMD 1700+ from 2001, and saved money for a long time to upgrade, i figured if i do an upgrade, i want to get things that last atleast 4 more years, until next upgrade  :lol:

With a SLI system or Crossfire, i can build a very fast PC and later on when things seems slow, just add one more videocard, thats a cheap upgrade  ;)

VanBuren :)