Need help with a couple of applications on my Laptop

goblin24

hey guys i just got a laptop about three days ago.. any ways i have my comcast 6.0 directly connected to my laptop since i been with no desktop lately.. and its working great. the only problem is i have  acouple of programs like msn messenger, yahoo messenger and limewire pro that are not working properly.. for example msn messenger keeps freezing on me when i try to open it up. i tried downloading the msn version of the internet and same thing happens. I then tried dl yahoo messenger of the internet and when i click on run to start dl it does it but when its finished nothing is installed on my laptop (no yahoo messenger anywhere).. i even tried looking for ther program and its no where to be found on my laptop.. finally limewire pro .. when i try to dl something from limewire the download will never start.. its stays on 0 percent the entire time.. i'm guessing that all this is happening for the same reason..any ideas will help cause i'm out of them.. maybe it has something to do with my settings or the fact that i''m using a laptop.. Please help!! thxs again! :? :?

Different system, different components. :)

Try disabling Norton Internet Security, rebooting, and then installing yahoo, installing msn messenger, or downloading something simple fron limewire (something safe).

Norton could very well be the problem. If it starts back up after rebooting, just right click/disable it from the system tray before trying the apps again.