Reinstallation of windows xp help!!

goblin24

hey guys like i mentionded in my previous post i been working on my desktop since it was full of junk.. i have now completely erased my hardrive.. when i try to re install windows homeedition sp1.. which my friend gave me the disk.. it gets all the way to the point where it ask you what u want to do.. install windows.. repair windows and so on.. well my problem is when i get to this screen my keyboard freezes up and doesn't let me choose any of the options.. please help..

i should mention that when i try to re install windows with an old windows xp pro sp1 disk i have this doesn't happen but i dont wanna use this disk cause its not a legit version or key so i wont be able to get my updates from microsoft this is why i wana go back to windows xp home edition..  thxs any help will be appreciated!! :D

I got the same kind of keyboard, but I can't use it on a USB port when typing on the command prompt (e.g.: before entering Windows setup (installer) from BIOS or whatever the black DOS thing is called :D).. If you entered the Windows Install program from the command prompt (did you start to install windows from the command prompt or from another previous windows installation?), then it should be alright.. If the problem is not with the keyboard keys or anything, then one of those converters for USB keyboards to PS/2 should fix it (my multimedia keyboard came with it..) :)