Next Gen Game Systems

amc11890

Which next gen game system do u think will be more popular???  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which next gen game system do u think will be more popular???

• PS3
    • XBOX 360
    • Nintendo Revolution

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to the 360.. I have not seen all that much stuff on the ps3.. kinda of a suprise considering it is sony.. and they always have huge launches for their products.

Yea but the 360 is due out this november and PS3 due out sometime next year so Sony's not getting in a hurry. Saints Row for the 360 looks tight but I will wait to see what the PS3 lanches with, if it launches with socom 4 im there.

I'll check the price tag if I was you  on the PS3.  I have seen on igncom  that the price will not be no more than $299  but with the hard drive  is what will make the price  seemed more like $400 but it will be optional

PlayStation 3 or PS3 Tech Specs

CPU

Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

1 VMX vector unit per core

512KB L2 cache

7 x SPE @3.2GHz

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance

Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s

VRAM 22.4GB/s

RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)

USB 2.0 (wired)

Wi-Fi (PSP)

Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

HDMI: HDMI out x 2

Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Blu-ray will let you store around 40GB of  storage on 1  4.7GB DVD -/+ R    disk.

Note:  It may not have the slots for the memory card used on PSX and PS2

Judge the graphics for  yourself  but I'm going with PS3..

ps3-trailer-blowout-20050810082352092.jpg

i heard that ps3 will be 450 and 360 will be 300.......could be wrong so dont quote me......ps3 is more expensive obviusly kuz it has more advanced hardware......but who kares there is no need.........360 seems more sensable....alot cheaper......comes out sooner!!!!

• 1 month later...

PS3 all the way, i just cant stand xbox lol

I would love to meet bill gates and tell him how much microsoft sucks ;)

I hate it when people say idiotic comments like you just did, if it wasn't for Bill Gates we would still be using some 8 bit mediocre GUI, don't get me started on how inflentual Bill Gates was.

ahh and I'm getting all three in this order

1. Nintendo Revolution (loved nintendo since i was 6)

2. PS3 (Final Fantasy and GTA, need i say more?)

3. XBOX360 (I'm a trendwhore :lol:)

Im going with the 360 as of now, but after seeing some of the PS3 demos it looks good too.  There's no way I'm gonna buy both, so it's gonna be a tough choice.  I have an xbox and its been great, to say the least.  Ive played PS2 a lot, but the graphics and speed are nowhere near the xbox's.  I think the 360 will probably be more easy to use and will clearly be the leader when it comes to online play (like it is now).  Plus it will be very easy to add the 360 to your home network if your running XP or Mediacenter 2005.  But again, it will be a tough choice between the two. 

**Update**

I just found this article from IGN that did a spec by spec comparison of the PS3 and X360.  It may cause those of you leaning towards the PS3 to think twice :D  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

PS3 all the way, i just cant stand xbox lol

I would love to meet bill gates and tell him how much microsoft sucks ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^

what a moroN. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

lol look at the rejects on the first page saying they would like to meet bill gates and tell him how much his company sux, last time i heard , he is frickin rich and can buy you , your family and anyone you know, so obviously you should shut your mouth.

we all know that atleast the top systems are PS and X BOX I have both but i play PS2 instead' my brother plays X Box and the Nintendo Cube is just collecting dust' as for future systems Both Sony and Microsoft will rock' Nintendo will be ok but will make about 500 games and about 20 good ones just like the Cube did' Nintendo should just follow the Sega steps and step down'

Im going with the 360 as of now, but after seeing some of the PS3 demos it looks good too.

Word is that the PS3 demo/trailers were enhanced to look better than what they really are. All those cell processors aren't going to improve anything.

The Xbox 360's processor has more than enough power to operate any game flawlessly.

I don't think the PS3 will up to expectations.  :-|

ajb62787 that killzone clip was pre-rendered, as in that wasnt run on a ps3, they wont be nearly that good looking.

:lol: apparently you havent seen the real time MGS4 video. Makes Killzone pre rendered look bad.

http://www.ps3today.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_537.aspx <--- makes all other games look pretty unimpressive.

http://www.ps3today.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_589.aspx <--- In this article Kojima talks about making the trailer and states it was all made on a "early dev kit for PS3" Wow.

BTW for all the XBOX lovers, check out Saints Row that game looks spectacular.

^^^^^^^^^^^

what a moroN. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

lol look at the rejects on the first page saying they would like to meet bill gates and tell him how much his company sux, last time i heard , he is frickin rich and can buy you , your family and anyone you know, so obviously you should shut your mouth.

Cant buy whats not for sale. Looks to me like some of your insults should be aimed inwards.

Im going with the 360 as of now, but after seeing some of the PS3 demos it looks good too.  There's no way I'm gonna buy both, so it's gonna be a tough choice.  I have an xbox and its been great, to say the least.  Ive played PS2 a lot, but the graphics and speed are nowhere near the xbox's.  I think the 360 will probably be more easy to use and will clearly be the leader when it comes to online play (like it is now).  Plus it will be very easy to add the 360 to your home network if your running XP or Mediacenter 2005.  But again, it will be a tough choice between the two. 

**Update**

I just found this article from IGN that did a spec by spec comparison of the PS3 and X360.  It may cause those of you leaning towards the PS3 to think twice :D  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

I hope you read the last sentence of this article. Thats Microsofts annalysis. :lol: I think that might lead to a slightly skewed point of view. I will get both systems but to me the PS3's demos look amazing and they havent even released the final hardware to software developers yet.

I will get the new Nintendo wen it comes out!..... I think and almost know that the ps3 will be more popular because it has more titles (even if they are worthless)! Xbox will be coming of age and getting better but does uncle bill need any more money?

Nintendo is more for the family guy!! Plus I love Mario games (so do my kids)

Just my opinion :D

Cant buy whats not for sale. Looks to me like some of your insults should be aimed inwards.

I hope you read the last sentence of this article. Thats Microsofts annalysis. :lol: I think that might lead to a slightly skewed point of view. I will get both systems but to me the PS3's demos look amazing and they havent even released the final hardware to software developers yet.

Well the hardware was given to IGN by both MS and Sony and IGN did the comparisons, not MS.  And the numbers (like total system memory etc.) don't lie.