Next Gen Game Systems

amc11890

Which next gen game system do u think will be more popular???  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which next gen game system do u think will be more popular???

• PS3
    • XBOX 360
    • Nintendo Revolution

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided to put this Microsoft-provided information up undigested. Thus, enclosed is a Microsoft-made comparitive analysis. We have not altered, added, or tinkered with the data. We have not interpreted the specs. We have cut and pasted this information from the email into our site and formatted it. Make of it what you will, but be clear we know Microsoft has clearly slanted this info, and we're not endorsing it, just printing their version. There is a difference.

who made the comparison again?

Xbox 360 has 278.4 GB/s of memory system bandwidth. The PS3 has less than one-fifth of Xbox 360's (48 GB/s) of total memory system bandwidth.
  IT doesnt matter if my grandmother wrote that, it's a fact based on the specs of both systems. 

And IGN CONCLUDED:

CONCLUSION

When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has probably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance.  Xbox 360 games

CONCLUSION

When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both <bunch of marketing burbling> sistors, bringing the total transistor count for the GPU to 232 million.

So, that's Microsoft's analysis. What do you make of it? Tell us what you think on the boards.

ign states that the above analysis is not theirs...

Well the hardware was given to IGN by both MS and Sony and IGN did the comparisons, not MS.  And the numbers (like total system memory etc.) don't lie. 

:lol: Give me a link showing where hardware was given to IGN. Maybe the specs, true, but this particular comparison was done by MS just read the last sentence of the article. Im not saying its not true but I would consider the source.Cmon people just read the last sentance. I guarantee you if Sony made their own comparison it wouldnt turn out this way. http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8784671701491003.JPG?0.268018245833802 <--- Here is another analysis of "power" the MONSTER bar almost reaching the top of the graph is of the PS3 "cell" processor. So diffrent source=diffrent opinion.

We decided to put this Microsoft-provided information up undigested. Thus, enclosed is a Microsoft-made comparitive analysis. We have not altered, added, or tinkered with the data. We have not interpreted the specs. We have cut and pasted this information from the email into our site and formatted it. Make of it what you will, but be clear we know Microsoft has clearly slanted this info, and we're not endorsing it, just printing their version. There is a difference.

who made the comparison again?

Where did you find this statement saying that MS "clearly slanted" the info? I ask because I dont see it and am interested in reading all I can on the next gen bad asses.