Where Were You or What Were You Doing on 9/11/2001?

monsnet2k8

Tell your story of  where you were  or what were you doing when the tragedy happened?

I was at home here in Southern California' waking up to take my brother to school' as he woke me up he told me what had happened and when i turned on the tv i was in shock to learn about the attacks... my heart just dropped and couldn't believe what i was watching... God Bless America and those that perished on that tragic day..........

i was sleeping and someone woke me up cause i'm in nyc and saw it from my house.  it was way worse on the seen than on tv and you couldnt drive anywhere cause all the highways were being closed and all cell phones didnt work cause everyone was using them like mad.

I was at work in a meeting when the first tower was hit.

Someone told us about that during the meeting.

When the second tower was hit, we cancelled the meeting since there was obviously something serious happening.

I am in Omaha, the US Strategic Command is here.

They fly the Looking Glass planes out of  the base here; they are the flying command posts that used to be airborne 24/7 during the Cold War.

They say "United States of America" on the side just like Air Force One.

Later in the morning on 9/11, we were standing out watching all the commercial planes come in, strange how it was one big line of airliners as far as one could see.

Then we saw 2 fighter jets on the wings of what I thought at first was a Looking Glass plane, except it was painted with the baby blue.

My co-worker is ex-Air Force and he recognized Air Force One right away.

A few minutes later, the news explained that Bush was at StratCom in their bunker being briefed.

Eerie day, I will never forget.

I was a soph in high school.. The first time that I heard about it was in my 3rd period english class.  The rest of the day was pointless cause no one wanted to be there..  I remember watching the TVs in the lunch room and thinking to myself.. that it was going to be a big joke.. and how could New York look like that?  Either way.. very sad!

I was watching the News that morning .They were interveiwing the doorman at the hotel that was in between the towers.Only one plane had hit the first tower at that time.The doorman & the reporter thought it was a small private jet that had hit the tower.I was watching the news live when the second plane flew into the second tower.I  have always wondered if the reporter & doorman left in time before they collapsed.

I was sleeping until my gf woke me up and told me to turn my tv on...  i was surprised but then i wasn't surprised..  Our government is not goodie goodie if you didnt know..  I mean for over 10 years our government supported and were allies with saddam even though they knew what crimes saddam was committing and same with the taliban... Our government supported these cruel regimes.. it was only a matter of time the people who were living under these regimes did something like this... It was a cowardly act against citizens in New York.. did nothing but kill innocent people.. I didnt really care for the pentagon.. but all the innocent people who were killed is what made my heart drop

i had gotten home from work (work midnight to 8:30am). i always turn to chicago nbc news. i was shocked  :shock: than when i was hearing about chicago sears tower and john hancock buildings might get hit i was even more scared. i lived like 7-10 miles from downtown chicago.i didnt drove to downtown for about 3 months 

edit:

in the morning it takes me about an hour to get home from work (rush hour). that day it took close to 2 hours. i take I-90-94 (espressway) coming from westbound to eastbound (going to downtown). to many people were scared to drive by downtown. at that time i didnt even know about the WTC. i was listening to music in my car until i got home and watch the news

Hmm... let me see here, I was in history class, when all of a sudden a new announcement came on to all teachers to turn on their tv's. Every teacher did and we watched what was happening in class. They kept us in our classes until 11:30 when they let us out. Oh, just a little food for thought, I live maybe, 5-7miles from the Flight 93 Crash Site.

I was in my U.S. History class in 9th grade on 9/11/01. The teachers  just said  " Its an emergency"  and " please get home quickly"  I mean    WTH ,  I was 14 at the time of this tragic event .  Don't  you think we should know the truth  before  we really watch it on TV? How  you think schoolchildren  were  told  when for instance  World War II happen from '39-'45. Anne Frank  wrote  what happened in her diary  and  she  was  like    what    14,15,16?  Does parents/teachers think  it can harm us with the truth that America  was under attack? How  about  when someone  you loved  passed  away ,  I don't run  out in the streets  in chaos  and say  that  "My grandmother died." Adults  should tell the young  people  about what happens in the city/state/country/world    and not keep it as a secret  till hours later  because  9-11-01  is United States History    but another  chapter    in the start of the 21st Century.

I was at work at an industrial park near Dulles Airport outside of Washington, DC. We got the news via email. I jumped in my car and went to the house to grab a TV. By the time I was headed back to work, the roads were swollen with traffic. Eight minutes to get home, seemed like an eternity to get back. Heard that the second tower was falling over the car radio. After the Pentagon was hit, the airport was shutdown. We were accustomed to hearing planes taking off and landing all the time. The silence was horrible. The only sound in the sky was an occasional fighter jet swooping over the runways at Dulles. The quiet at the airport over the next several days was so very strange. It was a horrible time.

i was at my grandmas birthday in germany. my aunt arrived later, said she'd heard something on the news about twin engine plane hittingf office building in NY. went on wap, found pretty much the same thing. then my then fiance called me, telling me that one of the towers had collapsed. flipped to cnn, saw what happened. on the footage of the palestinians celebrating in the streets my younger sister started crying on the balcony of the appartment, thinking dubya was gonna nuke them for it.

I was in my car en route to a Dr appointment when I heard about the first

plane and in the waiting room when I heard about the second one.  It was

hard to believe that it had happened.  I was glued to the TV the rest of the

day.  A terrible black day in our history.

I was in NYC the morning of 9/11. I was leaving the city, crossing the Verazano Bridge at 4:30AM and I looked at the towers and the lady of liberty in the distance. That was the last time I saw the towers. I was going to and from NYC 4 nights per week and every time I saw low-boy trailers hauling twisted girders and yes, a few fire trucks. The smoke was visible for months and it smelled awful and choked me.

• 4 weeks later...