Building New PC. Here's what i have in mind

Guest kamil234

If you are looking for some cooling ideas this one is for the AMD64 but take a look at it

http://www.nanosys1.com/fan-tt-clp019.html'>http://www.nanosys1.com/fan-tt-clp019.html

I would have to think they are made for the P4s also I have done business with nanosys1 a few times and been very happy

http://www.nanosys1.com

Asus P5WD2-P motherboard                              $219.99

Ethernet card                                                    $7.99

The p5wds-p ships with dual gigabit lan.. dont waste the 8 bucks..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131534

you can get it for 199 at newegg..

I would go dual core at this point.. only problem.. it is going to be over 1200..

Setup looks good, check out www.zuke.com for custom built computers with cool cases. I got a very good system there last year, for a little over $1,000. They have free shipping, 1 year support with replacement parts, they pre assemble everything and ship it out via 2 day air (free). Check it out, because i did a price check on all the parts i have in mine, i saved roughly $200 by buying it from them.

Guest kamil234

I got basically all the stuff that i got parts on the first thread, but they don't have GTX7800 so i set it to X850 (best one after the GTX) and my price came up to $1,444.85

P.S. also, no OS, no keyboard,no more no speakers no monitor

Guest kamil234

Swimmer, my Cousin suggested to me that i should get a AMD processor cuz it's cheaper and it get's about 2 times the fps than the intel, he also said that i should get the radeon card..they are slightly better, but im still a fan of Nvidia lol

SO: Intel or AMD?

Guest kamil234

I'll look what i can find, i won't be upgrading my computer til like 6 months period at least so i still have ALOT of time to decite what i wanan get, and the prices are going to be vary

Prices will come down alot in 6 months, plus the ATI Crossfire will be out, so check into that. And i think ATI will have another card to compete with the 7 series. I would also recommend buying an AMD FX-55. the 57 will cost a ton of money(even more than the 55). The 55 is a proven chip with a lot of over clocking capabilites plus its been out for a little while whereas INtel's 64 bit hasn't been out for too long.

Guest kamil234

What yo think i could sell my current computer for

P4 1.6ghz

60gb hdd

512mb ddr ram

1 dvd burner/reader

1 cd burner/reader

4 usb ports

1 firewire port

64mb video card w/ TV out

What yo think i could sell my current computer for

P4 1.6GHz

60GB hdd

512mb ddr ram

1 dvd burner/reader

1 cd burner/reader

4 usb ports

1 firewire port

64mb video card w/ TV out

Maybe 200-300.. at the most.. I would keep it and turn it into a file server or donate it to a local charity..

Ok here is an x2 system to compair to..

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail  $439.00

ABIT Fatal1ty AN8-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

$205.00

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0GB/s Hard Drive - OEM

$118.00 x2

GIGABYTE GV-NX78T256V-B Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

$379.00

Update CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2PT - Retail

$123.00

That right there is 1402.00 with out shipping.. you could lower it by 118 by dropping a drive.. if you are going to have a RAID motherboard you mind as well take advantage.. plus it is .5 of a terabyte..  That will take that intel system and put it to shame in the gaming arena.  plus it is going to be faster when you are running 2 programs..  Hold on to your money for right now.. there is more than just intel..

The motherboard is one of the best.. processor is the cheapest x2 out right now.. 3800 x2.. i dont know if there is going to be another release of a slower one any time soon.. the 7800gt is more than enough power..