Computer Problem

Bird Fan

Okay, here's my problem:

I turned my computer off when I went to school today, and when I got home it wont boot windows. It gets the Windows XP loading screen, but wont go anywhere from there.

I can't get into safe mode either. And I have tried "last known good configuration" or whatever it is.

Is there anything else I can do without having to send it into a pro? Have I messed with my BIOS settings?

before it go too win xp loading screen..........it usually commands u if u want to go to bios setting it will say press F 5 or 6 ur watever it depends on ur computer.......u have to do it quicly

When I press F5 or F6, it does nothing.

I tried all the different types of safe modes, and I got this blue screen error :

STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum}

The image advapi32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

which one????  and wat did it say

I tried both.

When I press F2 it goes to a Dell Inspiron 1150 Series Setup page. It shows what BIOS version I have, but does not have anything else about BIOS on the "setup".

After pressing F12  it then goes to a manual boot page with the following choices:

Internal HDD

CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive

Cardbus NIC

Onboard NIC

Diagnostics

Guest kamil234

try goin to the setup (F2) and do a IDE-drive test (or something like that) it takes like an hour-maybe 2 depends how big your drive is and see if there's any errors.

EDIT: I think thats what you doing now..we posted at the same time lol

ohh......man u mite have to format :o

Another problem after another... my cd drive wont open unless I'm in windows and I open it manually from "my computer".

I'm probably going to have my dad take it to a shop and let them deal with it. At least my parents have another computer...

During the IDE Disk scan in the test, it found an error.

Error Code 0F00:0244.

Msg: Block 55022221: Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.

The given error code and message can be used by Dell Technical Support to help diagnose the problem.

I'm not going to talk to Dell Technical Support...