Wireless Router dropping signal or is it my internet going in and out?

Inde

I have a wireless router. The computer that the router is sending signals to is in the same room, right next to it. I have been playing Battlefield2 (A video game) and I am disconnected from the servers I am playing on quite frequently. But I'll be able to jump right back into the same server seconds later. But only to find myself getting disconnected again after a few minutes. Happens on multiple servers.

Sometimes other internet related programs will go offline including x-fire (instant messaging prog) and Teamspeak (VOIP prog). But all I have to do is hit reconnect and it reconnects usually w/o a problem.

Sometimes when one or more of these things go down, a few seconds later the message pops up on my task bar (or whatever the one on the bottom right is called) saying "Your wireless connection is now connected; Connection Excellent" or something like that.

Is this a problem with my internet going in and out? All my modem lights are always on. Or is it a problem with my router? I try and reset it often by unplugging it and turning back on.

What is the deal?

Thank you

Yes it is a linksys.

I was assuming that hardwiring will fix the problem of losing signal but I have no money and can't afford to buy anything. Was just wondering if I could fix it somehow. You know, seeing as how I already have some equipment that is capable of doing the job. At least I hope it is because I paid for it. And I don't understand how it can lose connection when the blasted thing is 2 feet from it.