Help again..

IchiGODeLeTe

Well I don't know if this is you peoples area of expertise but you seem to be helping me with everything so here goes. I have this game that I want to play and it wont connect and I really dont understand why everything is working for it but it just wont connect. I also have another game thats running the same system (nprotect) and it wont connect either so im guessing my router or something is blocking that. How can I fix this or forward ports for it or something? The game is Rankio or something, havent played it yet but heard its good. Its at gunbound.net their new RPG they are coming out with.

i need to know what router model and brand you have.. along with both titles of the games..  most of the time there is a game mode that you can set on the newer routers.. but it isnt working we can make it so that it will..

Fast reply thats what im used to :P Belkin 2.4GHz 802.11g is my router.Iim on a wireles adapter. Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54G is the model No. Muonline is one game located at Muonline.com(i dont really care about this game but I had the same problem with this game) Rakion is the name of the game I want to play located at http://www.softnyx.net/

Guest kamil234

im downloading rakion, im going to try it out and see if it works for me

I had to disable my firewall while nprotect is loading, also try disabling popup blocker

omg their server is slow..it's only going at 195kB/s

Guest kamil234

I tried to disabling my firewall before and that doesnt work. You at least got to the dl screen I dont.. it says checking game version or something then says cannot connect and closes..

no, i meant their server to download the game is slow, i havent downloaded it yet, it's at 70%, checking game version..hmm on gunbound it usually said that and updated itself, maybe they having problems with it right now, remember, it's a beta version, are you using a router?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! it was at 82% and i cancelled it by accident FUCK!!  :angry5:

woweee lots of work, also my Internet Explorer doesn't work.. Firefox works but IE wont.. Any help there? I always get the page not responding site. Then if I try with Firefox it works..

Kamil I know its not a problem with the game its a problem with my computer.. my friend plays the game fine also. Its my computer..

I clicked notify by accident.. wonder what that does.. Well How do I work this ethreal program. Opened it and i got scared called my mom :P

Ok I think I figured out how to find the port but how do I know which program it is? I run it and I get about 20things that tried to do something... Help!

How do i tell which program it is?

Shut all internet related programs down (IE, IM's, etc.) then get to a command prompt and type netstat.  This will list what ports are open.  Write these down then start the game and then run netstat again and note the differences.  The newly opened ports should be the one(s) related to the game.  Also, check the website of the Game Sfotware Manufacturer.  They may have it in a FAQ there.

Shut all internet related programs down (IE, IM's, etc.) then get to a command prompt and type netstat.  This will list what ports are open.  Write these down then start the game and then run netstat again and note the differences.  The newly opened ports should be the one(s) related to the game.  Also, check the website of the Game Sfotware Manufacturer.  They may have it in a FAQ there.

good call on the netstat... 

GUESS WAHT!!??!! I FIXED IT. Hell YES ALL ALONE!. It was the problem with my IE. That was linked to everything. Spent about 3hrs this morning just dling random windows updates and stuff uninstalling java b/c i thought I had a virus in it before  so I went to go dl it again and the Online installation wouldn't work. It told me to go to Start>Control panel>Internet Options>Connections>Lan settings.. It was set to the use proxy and I was like what the hell let me change this and put it to auto detect settings. Now Everything works! IE Rakion and im guessing Mu should too. WEEEE!

Typing netstat -b will display which .exe is using which port. Similarly typing netstat -o will display which Process ID (PID) the port is using. You can see which program is using which PID in the task manager. You may have to go to View>> Select columns and check the box for PID.

Type netstat /? for more info on the netstat command.