Verizon needs to Upgrade

Boobie

I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything indicating that Verizon is going

to upgrade their DSL customer to a higher tier of service. I see alot of other

telephone companies can, i also see bellsouth is up there. And im my area Comcast

cable it looking tempting. I like to stay with DSL but i think verizon needs not to forget

about their DSL customer and think all FIOS. Especially a customer like me who lives

in a apartment complex and wont see FIOS anytime soon. Cmon verizon where your upgrade

to DSL.

they do offer a upgrade to 3/768 i don't know if u already have it..... i have 1.5/384...........i am too far from co to get higher speeds........

Yes i do have the 3/768 i was thinking higher than that since i see other telephone can why not verizon. This is my 1st time getting the 3/768. I'm sure im lucky since alot of people can only get the 1.5/384 but i think it time that verizon upgraded im sure it possible. If other telephone company can do it so can they. 3/768 has been available foe a while now too. i was surprised to get the 3/768 i though i was going to get the 1.5/384 which in that case i wouldn't have kept.

you might see a 5/896 or a 7/896 like qwest. but i doubt it because you made a good point, they are focusing alot of FiOS and not at all on DSL

That would be nice a 5/896 or 7/896 but i think it due time for verizon to do that. Evenutally they'll

realized that because there focus is on FIOS that their DSL customer are finding another provider like cable modem.

I agree it looks like they forgot about DSL customer, that a shame.

I bet that dsl customers are slightly paying for fios so fios can stay so low. cuz it seems like fios prices should be higher anyway since it requires professional installation.

Do other dsl ISPs really give those 5 and 7MB connections for $30 or less a month?

I think we should start a petition of people who want a faster connection by 6 months or we r gonna switch to another isp.

See Verizon should do the same and not forget about their DSL customers and it all about FIOS because a person like me who lives in  apartment complex wont see fios anytime soon. If they don't do any upgrade I'm sure people who have another option will take it. I know i will.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It just depends on what area you live in. When they first offered dsl in my area it was the 1.5. A friend of mine got it when they first offered it. Then later I got it and got the 3.0. All he had to to was call verizon and tell them he wanted the upgrade. and they gave it to him at no charge or price change. Of course he was already paying the 30 bucks a month for it.

• 4 weeks later...

The 44.95 package is a special business package, that everyone under 5k feet loop length and on a CO that has enough capacity to handle it.  Its a package to compare (sort of, though not well) to the 44.95 FIOS package.  You'll have to call billing and request the upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

my friend in tampa bay area got free upgrade to 6mbit/768kbit (or maybe it was 5mbit but same upload speed) verizon dsl. he used to be 3/768 package. he is still paying 29.99 per month for dsl.

How did he get it, did he just call in? Be nice but then i havnet heard anything about it or it could be just a local thing too. Just sure it was verizon, i belive bellsouth in FL and they have a 6mbps package.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just had a price change on Verizon DSL

for a very long time I have been paying over $39.00

each month. then a flyer came to my home saying

I could get DSL for $14.95 month.. I called & ask why

I was paying so much more for my DSL. Their answer

was that I could change to the $14.95 cost if I wanted to.

I ask what would be the change in my speed, they said

none. So I said ok. then after checking with contacts was

told my speed would drop. so I called them back & after

a lot of talk found out I have had the lowest speed all

along. They said my location can not get to higher speed

because I am to far from the main office.

My download speed is under 700 kb  upload speed is only 86 kb

all I can say is I'm a little faster than dial up :angry5:

I like my connection, i just would like verizon to upgrade us soon.

Lastest test seems fine:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2821 Kbps about 2.8 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 344 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server2)

Test Time:: Sun Jan 22 2006 05:09:22 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 50X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.98 sec

Though i can only get 2.8mbps when im on firefox but not on Internet Explorer.

Cmon verizon get with it like Bellsouth.