Horrid Speeds!

For the past week I've been getting HORRIBLE speeds. Here's a test from a month ago:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 950 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 116 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Sun Jul 17 18:26:00 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 17X faster than 56K 1MB download in 8.83 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 18.75 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-HOSI7MYEA

And here's one I just did:

Connection is:: 139 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 17 kB/s

Test Time:: Thu Aug 18 20:44:02 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB download in 60.24 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 17.8 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Y8BDMTXR3

It's been like this all week. And I've tested the connection on 3 different computers, so it's not spyware or a virus. I've scanned all our computers with Adaware and Spybot, as well as using McAfee to scan for viruses just incase. I'm also using VanBurens satellite settings. Is anyone else getting speeds like this lately, or is it just me getting screwed by DW this time?

This is my latest which is NOT impressive but when I called Dway last night, I was at a 96 Kbps.  This is my first experience with Dway should I have waited for the 7000 or stayed with dial up?  :icon_pale:

Connection is:: 630 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 77 kB/s

Test Time:: Thu Aug 25 07:10:41 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 11X faster than 56K 1MB download in 13.3 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 78.36 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZHUVR7G2Q

Well my DW6000 does this around this time of the month as well. Give it a few more days and see what happens. Go to your System Info site normaly 192.168.0.1 and click on the button on the far right. Should tell you the Longitdue, the Frequency, and thats the first part to figure which Satelite your on. Ill get that in a minute.

well, I talked with dway about it and they told me to just reregister, which helped, got my speeds up to about 750k, and now they're back to around 900k+ again. I also talked to the tech guy about the DW7000, and he told me that they were increasing the download speed to 1.5MB and the upload to 512KB and he also mentioned an increased download bucket. So when they release it, I guess we'll see.

Edit: and to team28439, they only advertise the speed of Dway at 500K, so you're actually getting a good connection. Not great, but still good.

well, I talked with dway about it and they told me to just reregister, which helped, got my speeds up to about 750k, and now they're back to around 900k+ again. I also talked to the tech guy about the DW7000, and he told me that they were increasing the download speed to 1.5MB and the upload to 512KB and he also mentioned an increased download bucket. So when they release it, I guess we'll see.

Edit: and to team28439, they only advertise the speed of Dway at 500K, so you're actually getting a good connection. Not great, but still good.

1.5/512? Let's hope...

Wild Blue may be the best thing that ever happens to Direcway.

All We Can Do Is Hope -N- Pray

Exactly, if they open up the gates to give everyone 1.5mb, we could end up seeing more people with 3mb connections.

But the latency time will never go down. It's not like they cap the latency times, it's just impossible to go faster than the speed of light. So the 1200+ latency times you see in games will always be there for satellite. But if you like to play online games and are stuck with satellite, do what I do: MMORPG's. You could also keep a dialup connection as a backup for playing games with if you like to play FPS'ers. My old dialup gave me a 170ms latency time during games. It was just only a 16.4k/3k Download/Upload connection.

The one thing I'm looking forward to if it actually happens is higher download buckets. Right now I get 350MB, and if they up that to 500MB like they had told me would happen, that would be a lot faster downloads.

Does the speed updrade apply to everyone who has DirecWay, or only those that will have the DW7000 modem? Can the DW6000 be traded in for the DW7000? A speed upgrade would be awesome, especially for the upload. This is my first post, and I have been a DirecWay customer for over a year now.

I Personal Dunno I Hope To Every Body But If So When Does This Upgrade Apply  :shock:

No the speeds will only be granted to the ones who have the DW7000. It should be available 9-1-05, I dont think they will start off with trades.

Your Prolly Right But IF They Were Not TO Start Of With Trades About How Much Would It Cost TO Get Upgraded  If IT Cost Too Much Ill Prolly Just Wait Until They Start The Trades :)