CPU Upgrade..

TriRan

one of my friends just upgraded to the AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 400MHZ FSB hes running this on a

Asrock K7S8XE Motherboard with 768MB of DDR 400 when he boots the pc up it loads everything fine comes to the user screen he types his password it logs in then says windows has recovered from a fatal error a registry key was recovered from system logs and has successfully been repaired.. the pc then reboots when it loads XP again it does a check disk then does the same thing all over again.. i told him we might have to reinstall windows but... the pc ran fine with a Duron 1.6GHZ we've already set the jumpers and everything in the bios looks good any tips would be great

TriRan

This board has basic feature set. The North Bridge on board is SiS 748, South Bridge is SIS 963L. This board supports up DDR-400/333/266 Memory with up to 2 DIMMs of DDR400, up to 3 DIMMs of DDR333/DDR266 (1 GB per DIMM with max. memory size up to 3 GB).

So basically if you are running 3- 256Meg. DDR400 you will have to take 1 of them out.

I thought it may have been something with the memory..... Thanx coknuck for the URL above, after reading that it cleared it up.

Hope that works TriRan....