You guys seen the XBOX360 price?

Cobra

Xbox 360 pricing revealed: $299 and $399 models due at launch

[uPDATE] The 360 gets two spins: the $299 non-backwards compatible "Core System" and the $399 package with 20GB HD, controller, headset, HD cables, and remote control.

As the Big Three (Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo) planned their business tactics for the next-generation console wars, none have been willing to divulge their strategies, lest competitors get the scoop. All that was left was for industry media, fans, and analysts to speculate on what would be of the new consoles.

In its quest to get the console out in time for the holiday season, Microsoft hasn't exactly kept the shutters drawn on its secrets regarding its next-gen contribution: the Xbox 360. Pictures of the console surfaced before its debut on MTV, its name was exposed before the company could spin it itself, and the prospect of standard wireless controllers came with no strings attached.

Today, Microsoft laid down new facts about its upcoming console at the Games Convention in Leipzig, and they sounded awfully familiar to analyst predictions and forum posters' speculations.

Microsoft announced that the Xbox 360 will be released in two SKUs, the "Xbox 360 Core System" and the "Xbox 360." The two products will be sold at $299 and $399, respectively. The two systems break down as follows:

Xbox 360 Core System - $299 (299 Euros, 209 GBP)

if you think about it, the upgraded package is only 100 more, and u get all that stuff. If you bought all that seperatly it would amount to alot more. If this is how much xbox360 is gonna be then i wonder how much ps3 is gonna be.  :angry3:

Well, in the $299 package that Microsoft only ever mentioned, the HDD isn't included, you get a wired controller, no headset, and really nothing useful. It may seem like the $399 package is a good value, but that's only because a)Microsoft only released the $299 package to say that they did, despite it being a horrible value, and b)all the accessories are overpriced.

The PS3 should be $399, maybe less if they want to try and undercut Microsoft, but I'd bet on $399. At the end of June, before they stripped away a few extra features, like the PS1/PS2 memory card slots and the router functionality, it cost $494 to make. After the feature-cut, it should probably cost them $460-475 to make. That's why I'm assuming it'll be $399 or less.

So you guys think the specs at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm plus the other stuff you get for $399 is a rip off?  You might want to check and see what a PC would cost you with those specs.  It's hardly a ripoff.

boy are you right, and im finally glad somone see's the light, the xbox 360 is going to be a monster,

just the 3.2GHz processor would cost somone like 199, and by the way folks, ps3 is going to cost like 500 dollars.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116201 

3.2ghz processor from newegg, $211.50 xbox 360 worth $399? Yes, get over it ps2 fanboys

edit: looked up processor price

just the 3.2GHz processor would cost somone like 199, and by the way folks, ps3 is going to cost like 500 dollars.

I believe it has three cores running at 3.2 gHz each that 9.6 total. each core is more powerful than any single of the seven PS3 cores.

It is backwards compatable the HDD hardware is required as it is what the emulation code will be on and microsoft will be releasing more emulation code for more Xbox games later for download.

Really though I wont be playing any old xbox games on it any how. I already reservered the 399.00 pack months ago. :haha:

Btw the Ps3 has 7 processors at 3.2 GHz

Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

1 VMX vector unit per core

512KB L2 cache

7 x SPE @3.2GHz <--------------------

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

Cell Processor

512KB L2 cache

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

funny...theres 5 processors and they all work sepratly but sony cant get them to work together therefore there  ps3 doesnt work at all

THeyve been working on it for a very VERY long time....and they have givin up they have acculy gave the Job to anoher company to see if they can fix the issue because they cant

so far the only one out of the 3 that is working is the xbox 360

ps3 has processing issues they cannot fix

and nintendo has a wounderful issue that when you try to play a game you get about 30 seconds into it and the screen goes blue liek the old NES used to  :haha:

Cell Processor

512KB L2 cache

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

I thought It only had 2 processors. :?

7 processors, oh pa-lease.