Logging / Public Results

Guest Anonymous

I ended up using

$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

$fullhost = gethostbyaddr($ip);

$host = preg_replace("/^[^.]+./", "*.", $fullhost);

I put it in http://www.testmy.net/whois.php for testsing

you will see a portion that says "your host is ::*.ph.ph.Cox.net *** host of your query is :: *.chvlva.adelphia.net " (that is just what i got when I pulled your IP unstable)

But what I need to do is parse further and just get the end of that like instead of *.chvlva.adelphia.net it would say adelphia.net -- will just take me a little more to parse that down... :)

Well I'm glad I got you thinking. Odd thing is, when I'm at work I'm in a 128.128.0.0/16 all should be registered to Woods Hole. At home I'm on Verizon. So not sure where you pulled Cox from boss.

I clicked the wrong user.. I can see now your on verizon

By the way, I just started logging users ISPs --- It still in beta, but you guys can test out the query script for host...

http://www.testmy.net/host_stats.php

just type your host and it should give averages... after the beta and bugging, I will of course have much more stat output... and comparison.

Hope everything works out, it looks like my SQL logs are going to grow faster in size... I am aproching 1 million entries without a problem.

:) I'm certain I have seen this on sites that I have visited,I also think that Gibson's site called shield up does this during the testing and he has many other things for testing etc.........heres the link.......

http://www.grc.com/

I'll look further:)...If this shouldn't be here go ahead and snip......I haven't had a site in a long time but I think we used a pgm called (free) proxomitron to do this ..<<maybe not I will look and see if I can find:)

8) Microwave

By the way' date=' I just started logging users ISPs --- It still in beta, but you guys can test out the query script for host...[/quote']

Tried "Chello" and I got 2 results, with an average of 910 Kbps. Can't wait to see what the separate scores were, cuz that sucks.

Idea:

When link member/ID is there you could add the advertised speeds that person has to see what's he/she/it getting compared to what he/she/it should be getting. It would be just another entry in the user profile.

okay refined it a bit

function GetIPu()

{

if (getenv("HTTP_CLIENT_IP") && strcasecmp(getenv("HTTP_CLIENT_IP"), "unknown"))

$ipu = getenv("HTTP_CLIENT_IP");

else if (getenv("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR") && strcasecmp(getenv("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"), "unknown"))

$ipu = getenv("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR");

else if (getenv("REMOTE_ADDR") && strcasecmp(getenv("REMOTE_ADDR"), "unknown"))

$ipu = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR");

else if (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) && $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] && strcasecmp($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], "unknown"))

$ipu = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

else

$ipu = "unknown";

return($ipu);

}

$ipu=GetIPu();

function get_isp($ip = '') {

if (empty($ip)) {

$ip = GetIPu();

}

$longisp = gethostbyaddr($ip);

$isp = explode('.', $longisp);

$ispr = array_reverse($isp);

$isp = $ispr[1].'.'.$ispr[0];

return $isp;

}

Nice reverse array now only outputs JUST the end of gethostbyaddr

Then on the mySQL end I am using varchar(20) -- max length of User_Host is 20 characters -- but that should be more than needed. This new code should protect the size of my database and pull better logs... we will see in time.

I broke something. DId download test and went to beta-area and it displayed fine, said I haven't done an upload test yet...so I did. Then I went back and I get invalid query displayed.

nevermind...just realized I went to WHOIS.PHP rather than the hoststats.

hehe... I think it's actually in a very stable beta stage now.

See, just give me an idea and I will make it a reality... I even converted d_load.cgi to php...... anyone who scripts out there can back me up on this on... that is a pain in the debugging ASS! ~~ But one down, many more to go.... just a few major ones though, then this site should get REALLY interactive after I tie everything together.

FUN FUN :roll: --- just kidding I live for this shit guys :wink: --- GEEK!

god damn my fingers hurt... :haha: