Bittorent......regarding speeds

jakop92

Well i have a dsl connection 368 to 1500 kbps and i usually get around 1200-1300 kbps on dls from browsers.

When i hit bittoret i usually get around 128 kbps or less. I have a dlink router and this pc set and dmz. I use ports 49152 to 65535 as bittorent since i heard they are better.

But when i look at the chart i see people that are going like 8000-1000 kbps, and me at 128 or less. Any suggestions?

:) jakop92 welcome to the site,

Prior to version 3.2, BitTorrent by default uses ports in the range of 6881-6889. As of 3.2 and later, (so it would help to know what version you use)the range has been extended to 6881-6999. (These are all TCP ports, BitTorrent does not use UDP.) The client starts with the lowest port in the range and sequentially tries higher ports until it can find one to which it can bind. This means that the first client you open will bind to 6881, the next to 6882, etc. Therefore, you only really need to open as many ports as simultaneous BitTorrent clients you would ever have open. For most people it's sufficient to open 6881-6889

BitTorrent is a protocol designed for transferring files. It is peer-to-peer in nature,so if I had to guess I would say your speed may be slower due to the people you are copying files from. or maybe the ports you are using!!I hope this helps:)OBTW I dont know many people that use this ,how do you like??

8) Microwave

I use bittorrent for everything. I would rather use other's unused upload bandwidth, than take more bandwidth from over worked mirrors.

I have 6881-6999 port forwarded to the machine that I use bittorrent on.

The ports are used as one per machine that is downloading from you. I usually only have 20-30 machines downloading from me, but I leave this broad port range opened any ways.

It is possible that your ISP blocks these out going ports. Some do due to excessive use of bittorrent uploads. If your outgoing ports are blocked, the main seeder machine will see that you are not uploading at all, and there fore you will get very little download bandwidth. This is because the whole idea is built around the sharing of bandwidth.

What client are you using? Also, are you using Windows or Linux?

A troll who's gonna get his new modem tomorrow, and hopefully the upgrade to 4000/1024 that day as well. If I get anywhere near the advertised upload, I'm gonna go crazy... and kill everyone still faster than me.

Got me a sig too :P

Or you could spam your way to the next title' date=' there's a new one at 100 posts. Did I just say spam? I meant useful posts. :P[/quote']

So, what are you trying to say Troll..? Cmon, I can take it like a she/man.

<-----me, spam..? How else will I ever get to my elite pimpette status?

A troll who's gonna get his new modem tomorrow, and hopefully the upgrade to 4000/1024 that day as well. If I get anywhere near the advertised upload, I'm gonna go crazy... and kill everyone still faster than me.

Got me a sig too :P

:) RTB,

I hope you get your new speeds I dont know if I like being on a "hit" list.....lol....and like the new sig:)

8) Microwave

jeez ive unleashed a curse upon this forum. i used my sig' date=' then shug wanted one, then swimmer, and now rtb. lol i guess imma "trend-setter" 8)[/quote']

Nah, was planning to do one for a while, but didn't find the time/interest until now.

You... don't? :P

You weren't on the hitlist yet. And thanks, I'm happy how the sig turned out.