ActiveX

DJVageli

The exact message is like this "Do you want to allow software such as ActiveX controls and plug-ins to run?"

This is what I always get when I go to a new web page, and the weird thing is I dont have spyware, cuz I have Spy Bot 1.3, AdAware 1.5, and Spyware Blaster, and do checks regularly. I would appreciate it if someone can help me get rid of this D

here you go this should take care of the problem... http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=98854

Swimmer,

Very nice and its only been around for a little over a week, this is the first I have seen this and I have McAfee....wonder why they didnt give me a heads up?? OK how did you know about it??...lol and then I failed to read his second post.....

:oops: Microwave

ok, im pretty sure ur all wrong on this; (if not, go with the virus thing). i have the same problem with ie. i havent bothered to try and fix it, but i think u can just disable the information bar and pray for the best. the new activex controls are because of the new ie sp2 update, so if it really bothers u and cant fix it, u may as well downgrade back to sp1. sp2 isnt that great anyway...

Well what I just did was got to Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Settings, Disable anything that wrote ActiveX, and then applied it. It got rid of the ActiveX controls but the web pages werent loading right. So then I went back to security and set it to default, and the ActiveX is still gone plus the pages work right again D

Anyway just wanted to say thanks guys for trying to help, because I had this problem for awhile, and u guys took time to try to help D

go about 3/4 of the way down.. it says removal intstuctions...

Recipients of messages which contain VBS/Godzilla@M may receive warning messages such as:

"Do you want to allow software such as ActiveX controls and plug-ins to run?"

Users should select "NO" to this question. Also another warning dialogue box could be displayed:

"Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run?"

Users should select "NO" also to this question. Further indications of infection are the existence of files UPDATE.HTA and SIGN.HTM as previously mentioned, and added or modified default signature.

Opening email messages which are composed in HTML format and which contain the script will install the Internet worm on supported systems as previously above. The HTA file is written to the local machine as is the HTML file and both are created at system startup, and with each composition of HTML format email message.

Again it might be how your have your security on your browser set up.. but it also might not be... you could just use firefox and not have to worry about the activex thing to begin with... :lol:

i used firefox awhile back for a few days but i didnt like it. it wouldnt let me install the plugins and reminded too much of netscape. ie crashes too much and microsoft still doesnt "get" what consumers want but im still going to use ie.

i use firefox and IE

one thing i dont like about firefox is that it doesnt play background music thats using the BGSOUND tag (like on my xanga site for instance), but other than that...firefox wins hands down...well, that and not being able to use it with windowsupdate and a couple of other sites that say crap like 'internet explorer only'

CA3LE...im gonna 'promote' a site on ur site...but its for a good purpose :D :::

trust.gifrediscover.gif

take.gifsafer.gif