NEW SPEED TEST!!!!

shanee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am sorry to ca3le I just wanted to know if peope like it and ylu also offer a speed test to put on peoples site and I could never get it to work so I found another and I thought others might do same. Also I am sorry about my line to my server it is not the best but I have upgraded to a faster line and it should be in effect the 26 thanks also I am getting faster speeds now so try it again thanks and the server is located in oklahoma thanks!!!!

:? shanee,

WTF try again, hello McFly!!! shanee I don't mean to be disrespectful but you continue to add insult to injury. I'm thinking maybe you should spend some time on manners and reading comprehension, this is just rude and lame as several people have said already....... think,think, think before you act and you may be able to not piss on your shoes so often.

CA3LE GUY has been a gentleman and a stand up guy throughout this whole ordeal, do you even understand what is being said??It is not very nice on any level to dolame.gif what you have done and continue to do.......PLEASE give it a rest............

:x Microwave

ok speaking of not linking to personal sites and stuff, i have a link to my xanga page in my sig, and i was just wondering if im allowed to have it there or not, but if not, i'll remove it

o ya...shanee...doesnt ur internet get slow since ur using it as a server?...ur kinda just...giving out free bandwidth in a way :P

Banned from the best test site in the world/universe/alternate universes, that's gotta hurt.

about that comment...sadly, i must disagree :(

(testmy.net , narutofan.com , suprnova.org , and google.com all tie for 1st place in my book lol)

ok speaking of not linking to personal sites and stuff' date=' i have a link to my xanga page in my sig, and i was just wondering if im allowed to have it there or not, but if not, i'll remove it[/quote']

:) wingzero,

In my opinion your site is not in direct competition with anyone or anything,its just a cool site with neat things........of course thats just my opinion....and you have been very subtle in promoting it!!

8) Microwave

:) wingzero,

In my opinion your site is not in direct competition with anyone or anything,its just a cool site with neat things........of course thats just my opinion....and you have been very subtle in promoting it!!

8) Microwave

lol, best test site, definately

before i knew about testmy, i would use dslreports.com, but then they started getting all weird and slow and usally gave wrong results

and then i found testmy, and it was a dream come true :)

i still use dsl reports for their little tweak test and other various tests, but for speed tests, testmy.net owns all

ok speaking of not linking to personal sites and stuff, i have a link to my xanga page in my sig, and i was just wondering if im allowed to have it there or not, but if not, i'll remove it

o ya...shanee...doesnt ur internet get slow since ur using it as a server?...ur kinda just...giving out free bandwidth in a way :P

about that comment...sadly, i must disagree :(

(testmy.net , narutofan.com , suprnova.org , and google.com all tie for 1st place in my book lol)

:twisted: WARNING:::::LONG POST::::: :roll:

Posting your URL in your sig is perfectly cool man, otherwise you would have already got a message from me..... In fact I encourage it, that's why there is also a WWW link under peoples posts who have opted to put their website URL in their profile. I figure it this way... if your URL is in your sig or on your post then YES traffic will be sent to your site... BUT only if the person reading your post likes what you had to say, this encourages my users to hopefully post more intelligent answers and start more intelligent conversation... and though traffic is leaving my site, it is leaving my site on a good note and in the end benefiting my site as a whole with more content.

The whole idea behind my forums is to gain a HUGE knowledge base, where hopefully in the end I will have enough members and information that when you search google for the answer to a question that is broadband/connection related you will see some results from topics posted on TestMy.net and hopefully get the answer they need. Of course the ball has been rolling on this for a while and I already have traffic flowing in from the only ~7000 posts made so far, and have already got emails thanking me for the site and saying that they got just the answer they were searching for... (my end goal)

Of course from time to time... to time to time --- hehe --- we talk shit and have fun (or poke fun) and this is awesome and I think out of all the forums I have been a part of this one has the tightest group of people I have seen ~~ you guys all rock and I hope you enjoy watching as much as I do the growth and development of this site.

*Any new people reading this, stick around - we got some cool peeps up in here ~ and I keep seeing new cool people joining all the time, actually up in the 100's per month joining in now -

Wonder what the site will be like in another 12 months ~ MICROWAVE was one of the first members he can let you all know the growth the site has gone through. When he joined in July 2003 the site was getting about 18,000 page views/day - yesterday the site had 280,000 page views -- I now have the amount of visitors in 2 days that I did in the whole month when MICROWAVE joined the site. I am kinda scared of what the numbers will be in 1 more year - at the current rate of growth over 4million page views/day and well into the millions of visitors per month ~~~ I don't know what in the FRICK I'm going to do about hosting... lots of rack space, lots of money --- thank god for advertisers! -- Check back with me in a year! :)

But I think in one year I may hit my traffic cap... but I have been saying that for a long time - every month has outdone the previous month -- where the hell is the roof! hehe.

The goal - and promise now and to the end --- FREE FOR ALL! That's what the internet is supposed to be!

Anyway... blab blab blab

:D CA3LE GUY,

You have made this a site that is fun to visit....yes from the very beginning of my time here I noticed your enthusiasm and skill that you devoted to your site.In fact it has been really cool to watch your site flourish and grow.It sure is different as you said from the start when the traffic was lighter, but by your encouragement to me and others to engage in the free flow of ideas, me along with many others find "testmy" a place we like to visit often.You are so right about the people we have on the site,one of the things I always enjoy is that you and everyone else was happy to be helpful, and to pass on the knowledge that they have freely, to anyone that has an interest in learning how to make their INTERNET experience a better one.Something that has made this site attractive to us is people are not treated badly because of their level of knowledge,nobody was born knowing how this thing works. So I think you should be proud of your accomplishment with this site and it has been an honor and a privilege to play a small part in it. Your the GUY that does the hard work, I just get to answer the easy questions sometimes...........Thanks Again :):)

8) Microwave

Its true what Microwave said, when I first joined this site I just thought it was the best place to test my internet connection and it is D but I had also realized that all of you were always so nice and helpful whenever I needed help and would answer any question I had involving my internet connection in a short period of time which meant I would be able to fix any problem quicker, so for that I thank u CA3LE GUY and everyone else in this site for making it a site well worth browsing everyday D

FREE FOR ALL! That's what the internet is supposed to be!

well, technically, when the internet was first put into play, it was meant to just be for researchers and scientists and other smart peeps to be able to put information that they could all read and learn from, etc., because only the smart peeps could afford it, because in the first stages of the internet, u had to pay per minute of usage, so ppl didnt go on all that much... then when we had unlimited internet, ppl started really utilizing it. so really, the original goal of the internet wasnt FREE, FREE, FREEEEE!!! :wink: kinda like electricity- if Tesla (if u dont know who he was then try googling him) had had his way, electricity would be wireless and free for everyone, (like radio), but had no money to fund his idea since thomas edison went around discrediting him because he wanted a profit from his inventions and tesla had invented the ac power system, which was ultimately superior to edisons dc system...

lol sorry for the history lesson, but i was reading the bathroom reader books recently (their like encyopedias except their, u know, fun) so i was feeling all... smart :D

Hello all I am happy to say that my speeds should be getting better the 26 of this month because I up to the pro package at sbc so my speeds should be form 1.5mbs - 3mbs and thats fast for me since I have only got around 340 now even know i am supposed to get up to 1.5mbs now but I have never got even 1mbs but anyway. I was wondering how ca3le did it and what kind of advertising he used thanks!!!

Shanee, your speeds down really, really don't matter. You are advertising your personal connection on a very busy site. You will be hammered, and possibly attacked by those that don't like you (yes, DDOS), and then Verizon will shut you down. Get a business class connection. There is no sense even giving out your "web site" if you can't upload any faster than a single mbps!

sorry about being a dollar short and a2 days late but as for what is being dicussed in this thread I command you Guy for all of your hard work and the people that support you you are very forunate to have the following that you have and what a site by the way very professional and educational this is what the world needs is knowledge because as you know knowledge is power and power is MONEY Thank all of you Guy's out there for sharing one hell of a site, Fred :D:D

p.s.

Shawnee this is for you