Why you want faster speeds?

pitbull481

i have Comcast with plan 8Mb/768kb. Which is pretty good for me.

all i need is Comcast to upgrade there upload to 1Mb. once they do, i really dont need higher speeds. all i need higher speeds is for gaming (ps2, xbox online games) so games i play wont lag much. if i didnt play any online games, i would be very satifies with a minimum 3Mb download and 256kb upload.

i have Comcast with plan 8Mb/768kb. Which is pretty good for me.

all i need is Comcast to upgrade there upload to 1Mb. once they do, i really dont need higher speeds. all i need higher speeds is for gaming (ps2, xbox online games) so games i play wont lag much. if i didnt play any online games, i would be very satifies with a minimum 3Mb download and 256kb upload.

IMO  cable sucks cause of caps and high latency and everyone i know with cable isnt happy with games.  not saying its bad but i get the same everywhere i am.  i had optimum online and it sucked even with over 900 up and 9000 down

all you people complaining about having 768Kbps uploads :roll:

I'd like to be able to get even a 76.8Kpbs upload :cry:

768Kbps up is equal to 96KB/s up, not 76.8Kbps. Anyhoo...I have 6Mbps down and 768Kbps up and always avg. 107Kb/s (or 856Kbps) up. I would like the Adelphia Xtreme 16Mbps/2mbps or FiOS 15Mbps/2Mbps simply because I am always looking to make my personal PC faster with RAM, SCSI HDD's on RAID, Processor speed, so why not couple that in with very fast internet speeds? Only thing that stinks is, neither Xtreme or FiOS is available here where I live.

TheHalf

afaik php is a direcway customerr. 76.8 kbps would be a HUGE upgrade to his upload.

as for

I am happy with 8 mb down but not 512 up. I need at least 1mb up for my gameserver. Hopefully my ISP (shaw) will get 1mb up in my area soon :)

like i said before, the isp balks at giving a high upload in basic packages because they do not want peope running servers on their cheapo packages. they say if you want to host shit, pay for the traffic.

besides which running a game server might be an infringement of the isps policy if people pay to use it. check to be sure...

I think you missed php's point.

He said everyone is complaining about only having a 768 Mbps upload.

And, php, being a Dicway customer would be happy with a consistent 76.8 Mbps upload.

Exactly as it says, I triple checked, no bit/byte conflict intended. :D

so why did you up the ante from kilo to mega? i wonder what the local isps would charge for a 768 mbps upload?

so why did you up the ante from kilo to mega? i wonder what the local isps would charge for a 768 mbps upload?

Ahh crap, I'm an idiot, let me fix it, before too many members discover how truly stupid I really am.  :tard: :tard: :haha: :haha: