best free anti virus software

packerfan1964

I recently switched from AVG to Avast.

I like both.

Avast has detected and removed even spyware, at the same time as Microsoft Anti-Spyware.

Avast has a wide range of on-demand detection for numerous applications.

The only drawback I found so-far is that I have to initiate a full system scan manually where as AVG automatically ran at 8 AM every morning.

here is a site: The Best Freeware List

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm

I like AVG for anti-virus and Zonealarm for firewall

right  that is how i have mine setup...i like zone alarm and avg..they work pretty good together...so far out of the 5months i've had this setup...no viruses found...only like 1 thing in sybot and adaware...works great!  :D

if you know what you are doing.. then it is an ok choice.. it can be confusing for people who expect an interface to help them along.. it has an extremely small footprint... 

This is more of an enterprise app.. but can be applied if you are willing to learn it...

here is a pretty good review:

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/eset-nod32-review.html

Previous versions were bashed by some for the lact of detecting power.. i would look for more recent reviews.. 2003 or later..

Guest kamil234

i dont use one :), only if i have a feeling i got a virus i download a trial version, set my clock forward a couple years and install it, than i got a couple years for free, lol.