Gas is going up 30

dn0

Guest kamil234

only went up 13c here, from 2.48-2.51, i heard that if noone buys gas tomorrow(thursday) that the gas company will be out 4.2 billion dollars

how would they lose money if they would still have the gas in their tanks??

I am watching the news this morning, $6.07 per gallon Prem. You read right. If you don't think that's gouging, you're dumb IMO.

They should be jailed for price gouging but not the little guy who probably had no choice like the gas station.But arrest & jail some petroleum company CEO without bail.

To help this the speed limit should be lowered to 55mph max until the national supply is back to normal.Not change all the signs since we would go back to 70 when we get back to normal.Just let people know & enforce it.

I am watching the news this morning, $6.07 per gallon Prem. You read right. If you don't think that's gouging, you're dumb IMO.

OOPS, sorry I forgot to put where.

$6.07/gallon Prem. Atlanta, GA.

EDIT: added pic.

capt.jpg

A gas station in Stockbridge, Ga., posts prices for gasoline from $5.87 to $6.07 per gallon Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2005. (AP Photo/Gene Blythe)

They should be jailed for price gouging but not the little guy who probably had no choice like the gas station.But arrest & jail some petroleum company CEO without bail.

To help this the speed limit should be lowered to 55mph max until the national supply is back to normal.Not change all the signs since we would go back to 70 when we get back to normal.Just let people know & enforce it.

I know you've been around awhile, cholla, but 55??

That helped back in the 70's when everyone was driving LTD's, Torinos, etc..

I believe todays vehicles get just as good of mileage at 65mph.

I like the 75mph limit here, but it is pushing it for the gas milage.

BTW, gas actually dropped back to around $2.99/gal here in NE. (big frickin' whoopee, but better than $3.39)

I know you've been around awhile, cholla, but 55??

That helped back in the 70's when everyone was driving LTD's, Torinos, etc..

I believe todays vehicles get just as good of mileage at 65mph.

I like the 75mph limit here, but it is pushing it for the gas milage.

BTW, gas actually dropped back to around $2.99/gal here in NE. (big frickin' whoopee, but better than $3.39)

The 55 was not a permant thing just for the short term.probably 3 months or less.I don't think even todays cars will get as good of milage at 65 as they do at 55 but if you can show me something that shows they do I would be happy to look at it.

Btw for most of the 70's I drove a 1972 Pinto for my main car anyway which replaced my 1965 Cheverolet Impala.

The 55 was not a permant thing just for the short term.probably 3 months or less.I don't think even todays cars will get as good of milage at 65 as they do at 55 but if you can show me something that shows they do I would be happy to look at it.

Btw for most of the 70's I drove a 1972 Pinto for my main car anyway which replaced my 1965 Cheverolet Impala.

Too bad you didn't hang on to the Impala..

Yah, you may be right about the 55 thing, maybe I'll look around for some stats on mileage vs mph.

dn0 :The 65 Impala was OK but the 64 Bel Air I had before it was nicer & rode better.Last of the X-frame Chevys.The Pinto ran very well it still was designed to burn leaded regular.Added some headers & a T to dual side pipes with mags & a custom painted hood & top stripe added to the Red ,white & blue Spirit of America package it already had  a pretty sharp ride.

You all know why this is happening right, i didnt see any post that said why. It is because one of the gas ports for the oil supertankers in Louisiana was shutdown by the hurricane an it provide 25% of the usa's oil.

My gas went up 40cents overnite and the guy that works there says it should be up to $4.00 soon. Where i live we were always below the average for price of gas so now its a shock for everyone to be paying more than $3.00 per gallon.

You all know why this is happening right, i didn't see any post that said why. It is because one of the gas ports for the oil supertankers in Louisiana was shutdown by the hurricane an it provide 25% of the usa's oil.

My gas went up 40cents overnite and the guy that works there says it should be up to $4.00 soon. Where i live we were always below the average for price of gas so now its a shock for everyone to be paying more than $3.00 per gallon.

Sorry, I guess I assumed that everyone was aware of that :roll:  :arrow: Kidding, ;)

And we all know that when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me;)