road runner and earthlink

Timu

i have had earthlink cable modem for about a year now and its perfect. i wanted to ask whats better road runner or earthlink? cuz they both have the same exact price 44.95 and the speeds r identical 5000/384 i think. i wanted the free aol along with road runner. but i wanna know if road runner is as reliable as earthlink cable modem.

I think the question you want to ask is which provides the best speed?  Cable modems dont make that much of a difference.. you can go out and buy one if you wanted..  There is not much difference between the modems that ISPs provide.. Most of them are motorola..  Take a look in the road runner thread http://www.testmy.net/forum/b-28.0 and see what people think and what type of speeds.. you could even see if someone in your area has cable internet..

both roadrunner and earthlink use the time warner network, so earthlink is roadrunner and vice versa.  all thats diff is the software i think.

Also...what is this 'free aol' you say?

I have RR but no 'free aol'?

dont get me wrong, aol is cruddy, but i wanna log on and see waht it looks like now lol.  last time i used aol...it was v6 or 7.0