Upgrade updates

All of this info can also be found at: http://forums.comcast.net/forum.jspa?forumID=29

At this time, the following markets are the only markets that have officially been confirmed to have the new speeds shown above. If your market is not in this list, please continue to check back in this thread periodically to check for updates.

AL - all of AL

DC - all of DC

DE - all of DE

FL - all of FL

GA - all of GA

IL - all of IL

IN - all of IN

KY - all of KY

MA - all of MA

MD - all of MD

ME - all of ME

MI - all of MI

MN - all of MN

MO - all of MO

MS - all of MS

NH - all of NH

NJ - all of NJ

PA - all of PA

SC - all of SC

TN - all of TN

VA - all of VA

WI - all of WI

If your market is not in the above list, your market has not yet received the speed upgrade. We will keep this list up-to-date with all of the markets that have successfully been upgraded and we ask that you please do not call or use live chat to contact Comcast to inquire when your city will receive the upgrade. Our customer service representatives will not have any additional information about when certain areas will be upgraded. Contacting our support lines to inquire about dates the new speeds will be launched in your area will generally increase the time other customers have to wait on hold to receive assistance for technical issues.

All Comcast markets are expected to be updated to these speeds by the end of Summer, 2005.

f you are an HSI-only customer, the service/price chart remains the same.

If you subscribe to Comcast Digital Phone or Comcast Digital Voice and HSI, the service/price chart remains the same.

But if you subscribe to any Comcast Cable TV service, you will automatically be upgraded to either the 6Mbps/384kbps (silver) or 8Mbps/768kbps (gold) tier of service.

These changes allow limited basic TV subscribers to to qualify for the speed upgrades at no additional charge.

Appologies for the earlier missed update to the above pricing structure. The HSI-only tiers above were former listed as follows:

4Mbps/384kbps - $57.95

6Mbps/384kbps - $67.95

8Mbps/768kbps - $77.95

As of August 19th, a change was made to the HSI-only prices which are now shown correctly in the first post of this thread:

4Mbps/384kbps - $57.95

6Mbps/384kbps - $59.95

8Mbps/768kbps - $67.95

If you are an HSI-only subscriber, these changes were automatically made to your account on Aug 19th to reflect these lower prices for the HSI-only customers.

Since this question was asked in a previous thread, it may answer a few questions some of you may have regarding the business service tiers so below are the current and new speeds for the current workplace service tiers.

Current Speeds    New Speeds

Teleworker        5Mbps/512kbps      8Mbps/768kbps

Standard:

Teleworker        6Mbps/768kbps      8Mbps/768kbps

Enhanced:

Workplace        5Mbps/512kbps      6Mbps/768kbps

Standard:

Workplace        7Mbps/768kbps      8Mbps/1Mbps

Enhanced:

Please note that there will be some restructuring of the business class tiers so please check with the workplace website (http://work.comcast.net) for additional information once the speeds are fully launched nationwide by the end of summer.

If I read it right, I believe I did you will not get the upgrade. So basicly not being a TV subscriber the prices listed below are your choices I can see how it sucks, but that's the way big companies work.:

4Mbps/384kbps - $57.95

6Mbps/384kbps - $59.95

8Mbps/768kbps - $67.95

So if you currently have the 4Mb plan, the 6mb plan is only $2.00 more. That doesn't sound too bad, IMO.

All of this info can also be found at: http://forums.comcast.net/forum.jspa?forumID=29

f you are an HSI-only customer, the service/price chart remains the same.

If you subscribe to Comcast Digital Phone or Comcast Digital Voice and HSI, the service/price chart remains the same.

But if you subscribe to any Comcast Cable TV service, you will automatically be upgraded to either the 6Mbps/384kbps (silver) or 8Mbps/768kbps (gold) tier of service.

These changes allow limited basic TV subscribers to to qualify for the speed upgrades at no additional charge.

As of August 19th, a change was made to the HSI-only prices which are now shown correctly in the first post of this thread:

4Mbps/384kbps - $57.95

6Mbps/384kbps - $59.95

8Mbps/768kbps - $67.95

If you are an HSI-only subscriber, these changes were automatically made to your account on Aug 19th to reflect these lower prices for the HSI-only customers.

i just restarted my modem and infact i did get the upgrade.. good stuff... i didnt call them to upgrade :D

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 8191 Kbps about 8.2 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1000 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Wed Aug 31 23:01:16 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 146X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.02 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 94.7 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-IU1O834LG