How to sort out my MP3s by Album / Artist

just-

OK guys i need help

i give up on trying to sort this out on my own

I have recently done a big big mistake

I have an IPOD and use iTunes to upload all my music to it and to play music

i saw this tick box that said organize all you music into folder by something....

well i didn't read what it was organizing by and it turned out it organized all my music by Artist which i am VERY VERY annoyed i was not able to Undo or choose some other option like organize it by Album.

When i am talking here organizing i am not referring it to displaying it in a list i mean it created a folder for each artist and put each song of an artist inside that folder, if it had an album it created a folder inside the artist and put the song inside it.

So imagine you have a compilation CD with 20 tracks on each CD from 20 artist i have one album scattered ALL OVER the place

it is just a PAIN in the rear back guys big time.

so what i want is a program that will real all my MP3 tags and will create a folder for each ALBUM and place all the files of that album in that folder

once that has done i want to choose all the MP3 that don't have an album in the tag and to say create a folder for each artist and put the mp3 in it, which was what iTunes did.

so does any one know any program that will sort my music by album ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if you look at this picture this is what i ticked on once

and it sorted every thing by album folder 1st and then the artist

i want to do it the other way around a program that will put all my tunes of a artist into a folder

and then inside the artist folder put all their albums inside

u get me?

• 1 year later...